“Pleasant enough”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

It had a nice atmosphere/ambiance. Food was a big let down, burnt chips, cold plates and raw fish, reamade and still raw second time around. Didn't have to pay, but I still had to leave hungry. And after a long days travel I was looking forward to good pub grub. Unfortunately the table not befitting of the decor.

There are newer reviews for Prestons Restaurant

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Prestons is the place to go and have a drink and just socialize. We arrived in Montagu on the Friday afternoon and spent btoh our evenings at Prestons. The owners, a husband and wife couple are fantastic. Drinks are quick and cold when they need to be cold. Service is great and the atmosphere superb. Thanks guys, we had a ball of a time. Paul & Elsie Moore.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Absolutely THE WORST meal I have EVER had the misfortune of expecting to pay for it........I ordered the beef and guinness ale pie. Waited nearly an hour and then it appeared looking like a giant sausage roll. Inside was a smelly mush!!!! Disgusting. Didnt eat it, although i did try it. AND I was very hungry as I hadnt eaten since breakfast.

jrmulligan, Manager at Prestons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Karan K, So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. I do believe however, that you were not asked to pay for it. Our beef and Guiness pie has been and still is one of our top sellers and is enjoyed by many. You may find other reviews on our pie by previous guests confirming this. Please revisit us in the future in order for us to convince you.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I found Prestons (The Thomas Bain Pub) and we were amazed. We sat at the bar and listened to the stories of the locals and the owner. Had a few drinks and the most delicious home made pie with gravy and veggies.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

don't want to mention more of a locals hang out felt unwanted inside then asked for certain drinks didn't have stock didn't have crushed ice