“Charming B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Fish Hoek B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“Charming B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a delightful place to stay; Peter, Solveig and their son Eric are very gracious and welcoming hosts. I especially liked the veranda where I could enjoy bringing a meal home to enjoy while overlooking the bay with a glass of wine. Wi-fi was very much appreciated, as well as the delicious freshly baked bread for breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and were sufficiently warm (even though it was winter). I enjoyed having a small fridge in my room for leftovers, and can't think of anything I would improve.

The town (Fish Hoek), beach and railway are very close, and it's close enough to Cape Town without being in the city (quieter and more relaxing outside Fish Hoek). It's also a short drive to Simonstown (penguins) and Cape of Good Hope.

I can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tomigirl44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sunny Cove Manor is a spacious, old fashioned, charming, comfortable B&B on the slopes of the mountain in Fish Hoek with spectacular views over the ever-changing False Bay. The rooms are spacious and comfortable for those interested in quality and not glamour. There is a terrace (with views, shade, tables and chairs) and a well established garden featuring a whole range of Cape flora. Breakfast is plentiful, nay even sumptuous, and it is served in the ground-floor dining room. We were there in July, and the strong cold winter winds were blowing off the Indian ocean, but blankets were plentiful and space heaters were to hand to tackle the coldest mornings. Most important, the proprietors, Peter and Solveig, are wonderful, warm, hospitable people, who are willing to share not only their home but their humour and a lifetime of cultural, artistic, social, educational and political interests.This was a first visit for us (from the USA) en familie to Cape Town, and we could not have chosen better. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The rooms at Sunny Cove Manor are all named. We'd recommend Hangklip, a set of large spacious ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coleshill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been staying at Sunny Cove Manor since Peter and Soveig took it over many years ago. We feel so welcome every time we visit and always sad to leave as Solveig and Peter and son Eric have become such dear friends as well as the helpful staff who have also been there for years. The comfortable rooms are bright and sunny and the breakfasts delicious with home made breads. I love the close access to the beach and the views are stunning, it feels such a privilege to stand on the veranda and watch the antics of the whales at certain times of the year.
There are many attractions nearby, Boulders for the penguins, Simonstown with its pretty harbour and delicious restaurants and the dramatic Cape Point and of course Cape Town, with all its wonderful attractions is not far away either by car or local train.
I would certainly recommend this charming guest house for a unique and friendly experience.

Room Tip: Cape Point is my favorite and its on the ground floor. There is no lift to the upper floor although...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

What an amazing place!! I couldn't recommend this bed and breakfast more highly. The location is perfect-- right off the train tracks a short ride from Cape Town, with a perfect oceanside view. The suites are HUGE and breezy and comfortable. Wi-fi was a nice luxury. Solveig and Peter are the comsummate hosts, providing home-baked breads, amazing hot breakfasts, radical hospitality, great travel tips (and fascinating stories from their own history, if you ask).

I wanted both some rest & relaxation and some adventure in the Cape Town area, and Sunny Cove Manor was my gateway to both. Put this place on your bucket list! ~Jessica H, Chicago

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pietermaritzburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I cannot say enough good about Sunny Cove. Solveig and Peter are the perfect hosts and make everyone feel at home. As soon as I arrive, between their hospitality and the calm of the water, I find all of my cares and anxieties melt away.The view is gorgeous. The location is fabulous. In fact, even when my work in Cape Town requires me to be far away from Fish Hoek, I stay here anyway because I love it so much. I have never regretted that decision. Addition benefits: views of whales outside your room window (in season), freshly baked breads and/or pastries at breakfast, a library, easy access to a beach, easy access to the train for the city, and easy access to the penguins at Boulder Beach. You can't go wrong.

Room Tip: I have not yet stayed here with my family (but we will!). But I know that there is ample room for al...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
St.Paul,MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sunny Cove is a lovely home with large rooms all sea facing and private bathrooms. Our family of 12 was very comfortable there and we so appreciated Solveig and Peter's warm hospitality.
They provided delicious breakfasts and even arranged a caterer so that we could entertain friends one afternoon. Our grandchildren loved the rock pools across the road and they explored the kelp, sea anemones, starfish etc. We have never felt so at home or so cosseted in a bed and breakfast before!!

Room Tip: They were all spacious and comfortable with sea views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann R
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I felt at home immediately at Sunny Cove Manor. The B&B is absolutely lovely with comfortable accommodations and spacious rooms. Peter and Solveig were the picture of hospitality. Breakfast was delicous and they gave us helpful advice with regards to sightseeing around Cape Town. The location is great - the beach is just down the road, and the train stops right across the street. I would absolutely stay here again and can't imagine a trip to Cape Town without a stop at Sunny Cove!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
#8 of 19 in Fish Hoek
A Tuscan Villa Guest House
A Tuscan Villa Guest House
#3 of 19 in Fish Hoek

Been to Sunny Cove Manor? Share your experiences!