Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Long Island Beach

Reviewed January 8, 2018
lollygal
New York City, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2018

As there are not many option in Nassau County to camp, this is a great option. Enjoy just being able to use my trailer and sit and relax. Only downfall is that there are campers that are there all summer. I think more Nassau County residents would use the campground if there were spots available. The resident campers are ok but need to know when to think out of the box and find a solution to a problem. One resident camper was very rude and had a very dirty language. With kids in the area, and you representing the campground, the language should be watched. Again, this is a great place if you are looking to relax and watch beautiful sunsets.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Nickerson Beach Park is a pretty beach on the South Shore of Long Island with white sand and surf in Lido Beach. It is a family oriented spot.

1  Thank lollygal
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Nickerson beach is a summer getaway to play in the sun and surf. bring ur umbrella or rent one..one of the many south shore beaches in Lido

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed September 15, 2016

Right on the beach u bring ur camper and enjoy life. May not give u the views of our east on the beach but great to get away and be a 2 minute walk to the water.

1  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed August 19, 2016

The Nickerson Beach itself is gorgeous and there are plenty of lifeguards on staff during the daytime. . .this was our first year having a cabana here. Previously, we belonged to a beach club at the end of Breezy Point and decided to give Nickerson Cabanas a try since it was closer driving distance. The price between the 2 cabanas is the same BUT Nickerson is lacking many of the amenities that other beach clubs have for the same cost.
Cons:
-Biggest complaint is the pool! It is a large pool but the entire pool is shallow (3.5ft) making it worse is no chairs allowed, no food or drink allowed, no umbrellas allowed (therefore no shade), no pool toys allowed so anyone over 4yrs old it is a major issue. The best part of a beach club is a pool and this ruined it for us.
-you must bbq/grill in designated areas far away from the cabanas (also use only coal)
-small cabanas, with picnic tables in front so it takes up a lot of the outdoor space
-no restaurant/food place, bar or lounge area for adults
-no activities (many kids resort to selling candy on the sidewalks all day)
-small bathrooms (2 stalls, 1 shower)
-expensive cabana for lack of extra amenities

Pros:
-Gorgeous beach with well staffed lifeguards
-Skate park, basketball courts and jungle gyms for younger kids
-Clean and well maintained
-friendly people

Reviewed August 8, 2016

Compelled to reply after reading last review ,,,,, Although we did not camp here last year and never will again until that whole staff is replaced ,,, we did have the " Pleasure " of visiting friends who did this year,,, my wife and I went to take our friends out for their 30th wedding anniversary on July 23rd they asked us to meet them there, here's what we observed ,,,, arrived about 6pm ,, was a very Hot day , The Heat Wave, no cool ocean Breeze that day, as we were sitting and talking a bit , one of the " Campers " from 2 spots down came over , Wine in hand ,talk laughing and yapping away about how bad her kids are and how hard she was working cleaning up after them ,,, Who cares ??? Very Odd,, Thankfully 2 other " Campers " saved us by coming to see her,, also with wine in hand and a bottle ,,, the phony fake laughing was enough to wake the dead,,, we all left to go to dinner,,, returned about 8 and all took the long walk to the beach to see the sunset ,, as we were walking back to the camp site we saw about 4 to 6 kids unsupervised BTW running around the camper , yelling and screaming , catching toads ,, one of the boys was under my friends camper,, my friend said,, Boys, Boys, go over to your camp site, I don't want anybody to get hurt ,,, they looked at him like he was stupid and ran away,,, a few minutes later the 3 wined up " Campers " came over to ask if there was a problem ??? OMG !!! My friend said " No " we just don't want anybody to be hurt,, no problem,,, she said " Sorry " and went back screaming and cursing at the kids,,, Crazy !!!! it was now dark and still very Hot,,, 90's,, the music from Malibu started up again and " Campers " were starting their fires , No need for a Fire in that heat, idiots ,, after about 10 minutes there was a very strong Chemical smell ,,, my friend informed me that our favorite " Camper " was burning her old deck from her house,,, " REALLY " !!!!!! At this point I had enough and we went home , we live in Long Beach so a easy ride, the next morning I went back to pick up my friend to go to the pitch and putt across the way ,,, 9am , there she was " The Camper " wine in hand cleaning up Food from the night before ,,, Gross ,,, I told him he needs to say something about that burning of that old deck,,, he told me he did but she was part of Michelle's Friends and Family Club,,, enough said,,,, so if your idea of camping is a Massapequa Block Party And Barn Fire I would say you have found the right spot...... Nassau county should be completely embarrassed by what is allowed to be happening there ,,, You should only be allowed to camp there for 2 weeks per month, Period!!!!!! not just move from site to site every 2 weeks and park yourself there all summer ,,, That's the loophole , the rule is you may only camp for 2 weeks ,,, maybe this will STOP this little Club they have there, and the people, ALL THE PEOPLE can enjoy camping at the one and only Beach camping spot in Nassau county .. and bring back the Tent camping ,,, how dare they say no Tents allowed ,,, not everybody can afford and be able to store a camper on Long Island ..... THE ONES that think they OWN that place are the most Horrid bunch,,, Embarrassing !!!!

3  Thank Jack87DR
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We camped her in July for 8 nights. Couldn't get a serviced RV sire, so stayed in the overflow. No frills on the site, but close to the beach, access to the pool and hot showers. Also dump station and water close by. Not too crowded or noisy. Friendly staff at the office. Would come back and prefers service site, but will need to reserve way in advance!

1  Thank bklyn_jim
Reviewed July 1, 2016

Okay, so I felt super compelled to write a review because of the awful one made by an angry person in the past. Here goes...

I stayed at Nickerson Beach Park for close to 3 weeks and LOVED IT! I was there from May 27th through June 16th of 2016. I must admit that I was nervous about staying at this park after reading the one angry/nasty review, but my gut told me that this person was being vindictive, and boy was I RIGHT!

Once I arrived at the beach/park, I found a magical place by the ocean with everything I needed to enjoy my extended stay. So, please ignore the bad/angry review because Michelle and her staff were MORE than friendly and the local RV'ers there were VERY friendly, helpful, and respectful, too.

I was at site 72 and on the weekend evenings the bands playing at the Malibu club next door entertained us until about 11pm. With a fire, good food, and the music drifting over, my niece, sister and I had a blast! The cool ocean breeze was constant and helped us to sleep very soundly at night. CAUTION... just be sure to check the wind forecast and pay special attention to it because your awning will rip right off when gusts come through on certain days. If you can tie down your awning (recommended) on the less windy days, you'll protect it and enjoy the benefits of the shade. Nickerson doesn't have a lot of trees, but with the cool air from the ocean, it's perfectly fine.

The bathroom were SPOTLESS and clean all of the time. I think I saw them cleaned every hour. The shower water was hot and we never had an issue with waiting for one. We took walks on the beach and not once did we ever feel unsafe. Your RV neighbors are most likely locals at this park and they are approachable and everyone watches out for everyone. We left our belongings out for days on end and not once was anything ever stolen or moved around. It was a great feeling to leave our RV for the day and go to the city without worry.

The water pressure and power were solid as a rock and our neighbors even allowed us to use their sewer hook-up to avoid daily trips to the dump station. That was a real blessing!

The park gates close at 9pm. That was a bit early for us, but we didn't mind parking in the adjacent lot next to the park and then driving back in in the morning. Nothing was ever taken from our truck in the lot, so don't worry about leaving it there overnight. It's safe and the walk to the beach and your RV site is too - even at 1am or 2am. The beach is a far walk, but we enjoyed the extra exercise.

There were NO homeless people in the camp tenting area as only Boy Scouts are allowed to camp there now, so don't let that comment in another review scare you off. Again, NO homeless and we felt VERY SAFE here!

We can't wait to come back next year. We plan to stay even longer, which will require moving sites a couple of times, but it's worth it. If you're looking for a peaceful, ocean-side, friendly, family-oriented RV park on Long Island, this is the place to go! Long Beach is just about a 10 minute car ride away and the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) is right there too. We were in the city in about 45 minutes right at Penn Station.

Thanks for reading and please, please, please don't buy into other vindictive reviews. I am angered that that review is even allowed to stay up because it's completely one-sided and not accurate at all. Nickerson Beach is not a RESORT - it's an urban beach RV park that is safe and delightful. I can't wait to return and I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Michelle and her staff. You guys ROCK and I hope to see you next year!

4  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed May 26, 2016

Not my Number 1 choice simply because of the endless walk to the water. Beyond that it's a pretty and clean beach and they have a very decent place to eat.

1  Thank PaulE745
Reviewed May 25, 2016

Family has enjoyed the beach, pools, playground and other facilities. Clean, well maintained. Free musical entertainment on some weekend afternoons. Outdoor movies at night a couple of times over summer.