“THE BEST ITALIAN IN VANUATU”

Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Francesca's Beach Club is a smart casual beautiful venue to spend the day and relax. Traditional Italian food with home made pasta and pizza as well as some Tapas and local delicacies like Vanuatu Tuluk, using fresh, local produce as much as possible. The unique building is right on the water's edge at beautiful Havannah Harbour. Open for lunch and dinner five days a week (closed Monday and Tuesday - open 7 days from 26 December 2017 to 21 January 2018), Francesca's offers stunning views at lunch and a romantic, candlelit ambience at night (beautiful sunsets). The building is a combination of modern minimalistic & island style construction, with a complex thatched roof that resembles a down facing traditional canoe and outrigger. Booking is recommended for dinner and on Sundays. Group menu, weddings, corporate, and more are available on booking and Degustation Lunches on Saturday must be booked by Thursday prior.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Have been now 6 times to sample the Fine Italian food , Chianti and the home made Pasta, Francesca really knows how to do it well.
Very economical for a restaurant of this class .t also has a really nice view and the building is local with style .
Going back again very soon.

Francesca's Ita... a, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Hugh P,
thank you very much for your lovely review and renewed support! If I remember well you were my first booked table on the opening Sunday last year. We have come a long way in one year and the fresh ravioli, tortelli, torchi, orecchiette and tagliatelle that I make fresh every Satuday are one of our best & authentic traditional food. I am glad you pointed it out and really like it. I look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located about 30 or so minutes out from Port Vila by car, Francesca's is located on the waterfront of Havannah Harbour, in an idyllic position and fitted out impeccably. Probably one of the best restaurant interior decors around Port Vila, providing that truly coastal mediterranean feel - the ambiance is exceptional. The kitchen is open to the restaurant patrons, is well presented and adds to the experience. Francesca has great charm and knowledge of both food and the surrounding area. The meals provide a definite point of difference to anything else going on the island, but can sometimes be a bit expensive.

One of the must do's in Port Vila. Go late sunny afternoon and have a drink while seeing the sun set, before having a light meal. It will be one that you remember !

Dear gregwatt,
thank you so very much for your great words and compliments to myself ! I am so happy when I know that patrons do enjoy the ambience and atmosphere of Francesca's as that was all I was aiming for when I designed the place. I do love food & wine and I work with my team to produce the Italian flavours I love using local fresh ingredients. I am glad you enjoyed a drink at sunset before dinner... it is my advise too!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The best all round dining experience we had in Efate in a stunning location with an adorable host\owner who made us feel welcome with her Italian charm then delighted us with her culinary expertise. The first time we dined there was purely by accident, our tour\lap around Efate took longer than we planned, not knowing the area we tried Francesca's manly because we were hungry, it was dark and we were driving past. It turned out to be one of those unplanned events you thank the universe for guiding you to. It was all so good we went for dinner on the balcony again the next evening and watched the sun set to complete the experience. p.s make sure you try the mussel and\or scollop entrees :)

Dear Nigel P, thank you so much for your nice words, of which I particularly like the ... "Italian charm" ! I am glad you turned up by chance and I am so happy I could make your holiday more enjoyable with your last minute accommodation and the day trip with pic nick to Lelepa island. I look forward to see you again soon!
Ciao

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Thanks to Francesca for two thoroughly enjoyable dining experiences! We were staying nearby at The Havannah and Francesca collected and returned us back to our accommodation. Recommended.

Francesca's Ita... a, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Sue W,
thank you for your great review! I am sure you enjoyed your stay at The Havannah and I am happy I contributed to your holiday with two thoroughly enjoyable dining experiences... I hope you will come back for more!
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Excellent, authentic Italian food served in an idyllic setting. Beautiful fresh bread.

Australian restaurant quality menu, wine selection and standard of food. And the prices are Australian restaurant prices as well (just about everything except the beef has to be imported). But that is Port Vila - everything is ridiculously overpriced. But at least at Francesca's one gets quality food and a genuinely warm welcome from Francesca herself.

One of the few top eating places in Vanuatu and well worth the drive out from Port Vila.

Francesca's S, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Yuugi,
thank you so much for your fabulous review and thank you for talking about pricing. It is hard to find supply of ingredients in Port Vila, prices are quite high and we also have to travel to town and back often for our daily shopping. We do our best to keep reasonable pricing, serve good food and welcome our guests in this lovely part of the world !
I'll be happy to welcome you again and again.... :)