“Amazing Atmosphere and great food”

Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Francesca's Beach Club is a smart casual beautiful venue to spend the day and relax. Traditional Italian food with home made pasta and pizza as well as some Tapas and local delicacies like Vanuatu Tuluk and Simboro, using fresh, local produce as much as possible. The unique building is right on the water's edge at beautiful Havannah Harbour. Open for lunch and dinner five days a week (closed Monday and Tuesday), Francesca's offers stunning views at lunch and a romantic, candlelit ambience at night (beautiful sunsets). The building is a combination of modern minimalistic & island style construction, with a complex thatched roof that resembles a down facing traditional canoe and outrigger. Booking is recommended for dinner and on Sundays. Group Cooking Classes are available on booking and Degustation Lunches on Saturday must be booked by Thursday prior.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing Atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located about 30 or so minutes out from Port Vila by car, Francesca's is located on the waterfront of Havannah Harbour, in an idyllic position and fitted out impeccably. Probably one of the best restaurant interior decors around Port Vila, providing that truly coastal mediterranean feel - the ambiance is exceptional. The kitchen is open to the restaurant patrons, is well presented and adds to the experience. Francesca has great charm and knowledge of both food and the surrounding area. The meals provide a definite point of difference to anything else going on the island, but can sometimes be a bit expensive.

One of the must do's in Port Vila. Go late sunny afternoon and have a drink while seeing the sun set, before having a light meal. It will be one that you remember !

• Visited June 2014
Francesca's Ita... a, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear gregwatt,
thank you so very much for your great words and compliments to myself ! I am so happy when I know that patrons do enjoy the ambience and atmosphere of Francesca's as that was all I was aiming for when I designed the place. I do love food & wine and I work with my team to produce the Italian flavours I love using local fresh ingredients. I am glad you enjoyed a drink at sunset before dinner... it is my advise too!

Broadbeach Waters
“The best all round dining experience we had in Efate”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The best all round dining experience we had in Efate in a stunning location with an adorable host\owner who made us feel welcome with her Italian charm then delighted us with her culinary expertise. The first time we dined there was purely by accident, our tour\lap around Efate took longer than we planned, not knowing the area we tried Francesca's manly because we were hungry, it was dark and we were driving past. It turned out to be one of those unplanned events you thank the universe for guiding you to. It was all so good we went for dinner on the balcony again the next evening and watched the sun set to complete the experience. p.s make sure you try the mussel and\or scollop entrees :)

• Visited July 2014
Dear Nigel P, thank you so much for your nice words, of which I particularly like the ... "Italian charm" ! I am glad you turned up by chance and I am so happy I could make your holiday more enjoyable with your last minute accommodation and the day trip with pic nick to Lelepa island. I look forward to see you again soon!
Ciao
Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and a convivial host”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Thanks to Francesca for two thoroughly enjoyable dining experiences! We were staying nearby at The Havannah and Francesca collected and returned us back to our accommodation. Recommended.

Visited June 2014
Francesca's Ita... a, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Sue W,
thank you for your great review! I am sure you enjoyed your stay at The Havannah and I am happy I contributed to your holiday with two thoroughly enjoyable dining experiences... I hope you will come back for more!
Kind Regards
Vincentia, Australia
“Excellent, authentic Italian food served in an idyllic setting.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Excellent, authentic Italian food served in an idyllic setting. Beautiful fresh bread.

Australian restaurant quality menu, wine selection and standard of food. And the prices are Australian restaurant prices as well (just about everything except the beef has to be imported). But that is Port Vila - everything is ridiculously overpriced. But at least at Francesca's one gets quality food and a genuinely warm welcome from Francesca herself.

One of the few top eating places in Vanuatu and well worth the drive out from Port Vila.

• Visited February 2014
Francesca's S, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Yuugi,
thank you so much for your fabulous review and thank you for talking about pricing. It is hard to find supply of ingredients in Port Vila, prices are quite high and we also have to travel to town and back often for our daily shopping. We do our best to keep reasonable pricing, serve good food and welcome our guests in this lovely part of the world !
I'll be happy to welcome you again and again.... :)
Goondiwindi, Australia
“Delightful ambience”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had lunch at Francesca's on beautiful Havannah Bay. The setting is highly original and a feast for the eyes, with a quirky building set in great natural beauty. The food is excellent, especially the fresh pasta made by Francesca while we were there. If we lived in Vanuatu we would return again and again.

• Visited June 2014
Francesca's S, Owner at Francesca's Beach Club Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear baba4390,
thank you for your appreciation of my place! I built it for people to have something original and beautiful to enjoy and I love making fresh pasta for guests to watch on our Saturday pasta lunch. Hope to see you again soon in Vanuatu...