All reviews common kitchen magic mountain lyngen alps northern lights in advance ice climbing family run own meals mountain lodge beautiful place enjoyed our stay patrick supermarket activities fjord skiers tours
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

The lodge is really nice, simple but they have everithing you need, really well organised. The room was big and also the bathroom but not well decorated..to make the atmosphere warmer I suggest a few frames or posters about norway. ;)
The view from our bedroom was breathtake...really!
We used the shared kitchen, fully equipped with everything you need.
Is possible to park the car near the entrance.
I would go there again!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

from your window you can enjoy beautiful scenery facing the lake. we arrive driving a car about 2 hours from tromso. the staff very friendly and explain that there is a common kitchen we can use to cook. the morning they offer breakfast for NOk 75 per person. Good job. Free wifi free parking

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there to celebrate my birthday during a cycle trip through norway. It's a ski hotel wich i do not find very charming but the service was great! Nice people, clean rooms, very good breakfast buffet with a nice view over the fjord.
Price is ok for Norway.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2017

Magic Mountain is an easy 1.5-drive (including ferry) from Tromso. Having a great view, it is a perfect place to base oneself to explore the nearby area. While rooms are on the simple, spartan side, the facilities were clean. Just remember to bring your own soap and shampoo, since it isn't provided. The included meals were surprisingly tasty and quite hearty. The property focuses on the ski crowd (which we aren't), but the owners were extremely friendly and helpful. The place has a good vibe about it.

Honestly, how many hotels can you stand at the front door and watch the Northern Lights?

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2017

I didn't even stay here but I'm still going to give this place a 5 star rating because I spent all my time here when vacationing to Lyngenseidet. The staff could not be more friendly. They were always smiling, always accommodating, it was a great place to get a beer, it was a great place to talk to guides, the food was fantastic. I highly recommend Lyngen Adventures, as they work a lot of their excursions from this hotel. Beautiful view overlooking the Lyngen Fjord. I stayed at Sorheim Brygge and no matter what, all roads had me winding up at Magic Mountain Lodge!

Date of stay: February 2017