“Nice staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lawrence
New York, NY
“Nice staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I ended up here for one night after my flight was cancelled and the airline arranged a voucher for this hotel. After letting them know I was at the airport and needed to head their way, their van came by after a half hour or so to pick me and some other stranded folks up. It was a quick ride to the hotel, which is on a busy road in area with a few restaurants. There's a Burger King right next door, too.

The hotel is no-frills, but it had the basics - a clean shower, clean bed, etc. I didn't sleep well here, but I'm not sure if it was the bed or just my nerves being wrecked from the airport stress. A few things were not up to par - for example, my door's peephole had a cigarette stuffed into it, so you couldn't look through. And I heard several people on my hall mention that their door locks didn't work. My room was very humid, as well, though the AC kept it cool.

However, everyone on the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. There was a little breakfast bar with some cereal and juice - enough to get you started in the morning. And the van service to and from the airport was efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank julie248

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is clean, the beds are quite comfortable, the staff is friendly and efficient. It's not fancy or luxurious, but certainly adequate. The breakfast is minimal: cereal, patry, bagels, coffee. We noticed several airline crews among the guests

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ehr1165
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had read some negative reviews and already formed my own opinion on this property before stepping foot inside. Well, I do have to say I formed the wrong opinion. This is a nice property and I would definitely stay here again. It is a no frills place. The desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. They didnt put on a fake personality like a lot of properties do. They even assisted in getting my special size vehicle parked in a safe place. It appears that several airline crews stay here as well. I was in the airline business and I know when it comes to choosing hotels for their crews, airlines wont choose a crappy hotel.

The room was excellent for me. It seemed everything was new. The bed was comfy, the shower was nice, TV was perfect for me. And there are several eating choices around the hotel. And they also have a shuttle.

Luckily for me, my company picked up the tab. The only downfall I see is the price of this hotel. A little overpriced, but I guess that is expected for an airport property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bryon M
Panama City, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Thanks for all the love and support you gave my sister zina and her 2 little kids (from sweden), the five towns inn staff especially TERRI were the kindest most compassionate people I ever came across! ,, my sister want me to tell you this since her English is not that good"the staff of five towns inn especially TERRI really show me and proof to me " American people are the BEST", her daughter Valentina is in good health now she is back home in Sweden and we zina, dani, Valentina want to say "God bless America"
Thanks five towns inn staff and Terri!!!
Best wishes
Dina rich (zina's sister)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dina J
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Recent improvements did not include better mattresses, or better towels, furniture, etc., in the rooms. The mattresses they offer are extremely poor quality and the towels are small and barely absorbent enough to dry you off. For the price they charge, the rooms should not be an issue. The improvements were esthetics only and not comfort.

The location is questionable and noisy. Safety is an issue if you venture out of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the street. Don't walk alone at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Vmo9
Michael M, Manager at The Five Towns Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
VMO9 - I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We appreciate feedback both good and bad as it helps us improve our operation. I do wish your review would have been a little more objective: The way your review is written it sounds like we renovated the entire hotel but saved the old mattresses. It would been more appropriate to write that you, as a matter of personal preference, found the mattress uncomfortable rather than it was extremely poor quality. The mattresses are manufactured by Sealy, are high quality, and less than a year old. Some guests prefer a firm mattress - other soft - we try to find a middle ground.
From a safety standpoint the hotel's location is far superior to anything in the immediate proximity of JFK Airport where you literally cannot leave the hotel. We are located in Long Island - not Queens - in walking distance of stores and restaurants. Plus our van drivers are always willing to transport our guest to the many shops and restaurants near the hotel day or night.

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Skegness, UK
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent one night at the Five Towns Inn as a stopover between flights from JFK.
The shuttle service was very efficient. No need to get the Air Train to Federal Circle like the chain hotels near JFK require you to do. We just called the hotel from arrivals and they sent the van directly to the terminal to pick us up.
The rooms and public areas of the hotel were clean, the free breakfast was adequate and the complimentary coffee and cakes was available 24 hours. We were meeting up with friends there and it worked very well, the receptionist even offered to ask the shuttle driver to take us to a nearby local restaurant called the Bayhouse, All these little things helped make our stay very easy and much better value than your average airport hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday, March 23rd. I was charged $169 and State and local taxes came to $19.65. The room was tiny and when I say tiny I mean extremely. The bathroom was tiny with hardly any space to manuover. The condition of the room did not give the impression that it was being taking care of prior to guest accommodations. The receptionist an elderly lady with glasses was extremely rude and looked annoyed when I tried to find out why they needed my vehicle information at the front desk. There was a guy hanging out in the lobby who was poorly dressed and he eventually walked into the section where the receptionist was and I realized that he worked there. This is an overpriced hotel and overall I give this hotel a D as in "get your act together". DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacquie W
Michael M, General Manager at The Five Towns Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Our hotel is newly renovated, moderately priced and spacious by New York Standards. The rooms are actually larger than the majority of rooms you will find inside of Kennedy Airport or Manhattan. Our rates include breakfast, parking, internet, transportation to and from JFK, and complimentary coffee and cake throughout the day. Chain Hotels in JFK routinely hit the two and three hundred dollar mark and there taxes are 7.5% higher than our taxes here in Long Island. Comparatively speaking, our hotel offers a good value to travelers coming to JFK to visit the surrounding area like Long Island, Queens, and New York.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrence
Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area
Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport
Hilton New York JFK
Hilton New York JFK
#7 of 31 in Jamaica

Been to The Five Towns Inn? Share your experiences!