A belated big thank-you to Lorraine and Ron, who did everything in their power to ensure we could undertake the Tongariro Crossing. Their hospitality was the most memorable in the whole of our experience in New Zealand. Lorraine studied the weather forecasts, booked us a table at The Station restaurant, where we had complimentary bubbly and rose early so that we could get to the mountain before the weather deteriorated. We had a lovely room with vaulted ceiling, comfortable bed and everything we needed. National Park Village was so peaceful after travelling from Rotorua. We had a great breakfast on both days and the best dinner of our 6-week trip, which tasted even better having completed the Crossing. (Plus a more than substantial packed lunch which sustained us throughout the day) Ron provided lots of useful and interesting information on the journey to and from Mangatepopo and Lorraine was so warm and caring and clearly made our welfare her top priority. They even provided walking poles. Lorraine and Ron had alternatives on offer if the weather was too inclement for the Crossing. But for the best chance of completing the Tongariro Crossing, stay at the Adventure Lodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi and Welcome to Adventure National Park. Gillian and John welcome you to their lodge and motel in National Park Village. We cater for families, groups, and the independent traveler. Your choice of deluxe one bedroom units with King size beds, standard studio motel units with Queen Size Beds and private facilities. Our budget lodge rooms with double beds or Twin share, shared bathrooms, lounge and kitchen. Bed and Breakfast options available. Comfortable warm beds, electric blankets, Sky TV in lodge and all units, drying room, Internet and wireless access available, large open fire, Dinner, Breakfast and a packed lunch available. Department of Conservation authorized shuttle to and from the Tongariro Crossing departing daily weather dependent, let us take care of you with our Tongariro Freedom Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adventure Lodge & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventure Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Adventure Lodge And Motel