Stayed 2 nights in April 2012 as part of Freedom Crossing Package. The room was very clean and medium sized. The overall package is a fair price given the worry-free convenience of conducting the Tongariro crossing, and the excellent care and attention provided by Lorraine (front desk, pre and post crossing guide). Breakfast was very good, packed lunch was more than sufficient, dinner much better than expected! The actual hike across Tongariro Crossing was AMAZING and highly recommended (but somewhat dependent on weather and relative level of fitness is highly recommended; proper footwear a must, running shoes at minimum). Location of the Adventure Lodge is great and close to what little there is in the area.
Only downside of experience was noise transmitted between walls in motel accomodations. Luckily neighbours were equally exhausted and did not stay up all hours.
Some interesting things about National Park area: had an excellent dining experience at the Train Station restuarant (not really walkable from Adventure Lodge however, a car would be helpful to get to and from); make sure you know the gas station opening hours as it probably is the only place to buy things (e.g. anything and everything) in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi and Welcome to Adventure National Park. Gillian and John welcome you to their lodge and motel in National Park Village. We cater for families, groups, and the independent traveler. Your choice of deluxe one bedroom units with King size beds, standard studio motel units with Queen Size Beds and private facilities. Our budget lodge rooms with double beds or Twin share, shared bathrooms, lounge and kitchen. Bed and Breakfast options available. Comfortable warm beds, electric blankets, Sky TV in lodge and all units, drying room, Internet and wireless access available, large open fire, Dinner, Breakfast and a packed lunch available. Department of Conservation authorized shuttle to and from the Tongariro Crossing departing daily weather dependent, let us take care of you with our Tongariro Freedom Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adventure Lodge & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventure Lodge And Motel
- Adventure Hotel Tongariro National Park