“A PROPER quad bike excursion”
Review of Tongariro Quads - CLOSED

Tongariro Quads
More attraction details
Owner description: Tongariro Quads offer unique quad biking rides through the Tongariro Forest Park. Located in the Tongariro National Park which is a world heritage area. Offering half, full and multi-day tours. Riding is all through scenic native bush in one of the most spectacular areas in New Zealand.Many clients have rated the Tongariro Quads experience as the best quad biking ride in New Zealand. There are numerous photo opportunities along the way with spectacular views of Mount Ruapehu, Mount Ngauruhoe and Tongariro.
Reviewed January 12, 2011

This operation is what all quad bike operators should strive to be like!
My cousin and I had a totally awesome half day ride with our fantastic guide, Malcom, through the beautifully scenic Tongariro National Park.

Malcom was great with my younger cousin, who had recently been in a motorbike accident and was very nervous, encouraging him to have a go at every obstacle and explaining how best to go about it.
While there are closer quad bike operators to Taupo, it is worth the drive out to Tongariro, as you get the full package; more fun, superior scenery, and the best guides.
We only did the half-day ride and it was not enough. We will be back to do either the full day or even two day ride, in due course. I think it would be great as a corporate excursion also, and will recommend it as an activity to my workplace.
Definitely take a camera with you, Malcom stops and takes photos of you throughout the day - he got some superb shots.

Thanks a lot!

Reviewed January 4, 2011

This was a first rate, quad bike excursion into the wilderness of the Tongariro Forest Park which is situated on the central plateau in the middle of the North Island of New Zealand. Malcolm, the guide, was thorough and knowledgable in his instruction and safety briefing without being overbearing. The emphasis was certainly on each rider enjoying the ride within their respective capabilities and Malcolm chose the trails & terrain accordingly. Unlike other similar excursions which I have been on, we weren't wrapped in cotton wool. The gloves were off and we were free to safely explore the quad bikes capabilities in all sorts of terrain. The scenery is spectacular and diverse - from mountains and rivers to dense native bush and pine forests. I shall certainly be making a return visit!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Malcolm, the tour guide, kindly picked us up at our backpackers' hostel in Taupo, and we highly enjoyed our half day ride through the beautifully scenic landscapes of the Tongariro Park. Being first time riders, Malcolm was really good at teaching us everything at our own pace and in a safe manner. We had a lot of fun, Malcolm took plenty of excellent photos of us crossing little rivers, etc. + in our conversation, he was so ecstatic about skydiving that we ended up at the airport, where my wife had her first jump! Thank you, Malcolm! And congratulations for your upcoming wedding;-) - Ibti & Guillaume

Reviewed October 26, 2010

A great day out, I would high recommend it. Great to see all the scenry of the Tongariro Park and lots of fun riding the quad bikes through the rivers and tracks. Malcolm the tour guide is a great guy and really helps you out and goes at your pace.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have just been with my nephew, down to the middle of our beautiful north island to the Tongariro Forrest park for a full day's ride ( 6.5 hours ) on a quad bike safari.
I meet up with our guide Malcolm who was friendly and very informative on the ride before us, malcolm spent about 15min running through safety protocol which was very comforting and confidence building before our ride.
The weather was wet which added to the fun and excitement we ended up having ( wet weather gear was provided ), the ride took in fast forrest roads, narrow tracks up and downs trough forrest open plans and river crossings, with fantastic views of cliffs and valleys ( a Camera is a must ) it is amazing where a quad is able to take you and as the day progressed my confidence increased. I enjoyed the landscape and the challenges faced on the ride and through the great guidance malcolm gave was amazed what I was able to do.
We stopped for lunch at an amazing little hut deep in the forrest, and had a chance to talk with malcolm about the history of the ride and area.
So if you enjoy a time of fun , excitement and beautiful country, meeting new people and coming away with new skills and confidence I highly recommend taking part in this awesome ride through this part of the country, ill be back for another run asap.
Thankyou malcolm for a fantastic time and memories Ill have with me for a lifetime.
Stu