“Small but compact”

$296.52*
and up
Full-Day Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House Tour from Auckland including Lunch
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1971 the Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park has been helping to save New Zealand`s national icon, the Kiwi bird. The Kiwi House is a not-for-profit organisation; all proceeds help support conservation projects. We guarantee that visitors will always see Kiwi, plus the largest private collection of native birds and reptiles in NZ.We are just 15 minutes from the world famous Waitomo Caves and 2.5 hours south of Auckland.
Rotorua, New Zealand
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Small but compact”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very cute and friendly place. Saw the kiwis being fed which was great - very good enclosures and very knowledgable staff. Lots of bird life...however some of the enclosures are a bit overgrown. Spotted lots of tuatara spotted in the dome. Very enjoyable

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Good place to see NZ wildlife!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A good little place. Currently upgrading so going to be even better soon. Some things need more info I.e. the kakas
Overall loved it!

Visited April 2014
Berkshire
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have to say I was very disappointed with this visit. I suppose I had higher expectations because of the title of 'Kiwi House'. I only saw one Kiwi there and while I appreciate that they are nocturnal creatures feel there should have been more set up to give us an appreciation of them. The title Kiwi House is a little misleading as it was mainly other birds we saw, mainly ducks. Overall I felt the whole place was tired and shabby and not value for money at all. The owners need to rethink this place. Some TLC is definitely needed here and some investment into making it what it is titled.. ' Kiwi House'

Visited March 2014
4 Thank kazzie4
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Little gem in Otorohanga”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I were the first ones there as we arrived at 9am and had the whole place to ourselves which was lovely. It had the bonus of allowing us a good chance to admire Atu the kiwi completely uninterrupted as she ate her worms and foraged in the leaves. The kiwis were definitely the highlight for me; the rest of the park looked a little run down and like it could do with a spruce up, but still all the birds were gorgeous - from the Kea's to the Weka's! I would recommend this as a place to see kiwi's as it's not too expensive, not too commercial, and Atu is just ace!

Visited January 2014
Nanjing, China
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited the Kiwi House on our last day in New Zealand as we wanted to see a kiwi bird before we left. We saw two kiwis in the nocturnal enclosures and that was quite exciting. However, the rest of the park was disappointing. We have young children (3 and 5 years) and thought they would enjoy it but there wasn't really much to engage them. I felt that some of the enclosures were very small and dated and we saw more ducks than anything else. The kea birds were quite entertaining as we happened to be there at feeding time.

Visited February 2014