All in all it was a really good place to stay. We stayed in the lodge in 4 person rooms. The facilities and location were really good; there was a games room with TV and pool table and a large kitchen with big dining area, in the main area by reception there was a restaurant and bar.
The rooms had 4 single beds however mine was broken as was my bedside lamp.
The Bathroom was pretty average however in the girls they only had 2 toilets and 2 showers for the whole 13 room floor.
Crockery and cutlery had to be rented out with a $10 refundable deposit pp.
The glowworm caves nearby are definitely a stop to see. The black water rafting company pick you up from your accommodation and once there you have a choice of rafting in a rubber ring down gentle streams in underground caves, abseiling around the underground caves or combining the two.
Internet was pretty diabolical however i'm not sure but that may have been my luck with Global Gossip i tried the dedicated phone to contact their customer service but the connection was practically non existent, however despite feeling like i'd wasted money on the internet the management refunded me my internet fee. I couldn't say about bad word about their staff.
Would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waitomo Kiwipaka has backpackers accommodation as well as Chalet rooms. There is also a Pizzeria café/restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Kiwi Paka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwi Paka Waitomo Hotel Waitomo Caves
- Kiwi Paka Waitomo North Island