If you are planning to visit Waitomo caves and going to spend a night in the area - go for a Woodlyn park unique accommodation. We have chosen a plane - Cockpit unit. There are 2 large beds - one in a cockpit itself and one downstairs so you can stay there with 1-2 kids. Our teenage son stayed upstairs and he had a great fun there. Everything is clean and practical. The site itself is beautiful and quiet. It was good to have a breakfast early in the morning in the fresh air with all those farm sounds around. Some hints: book the place in advance, accommodations are limited; choose a cockpit unit if you want a plane; let them know if you are coming later than 5pm to the (we called Barry and he was very kind to come and give us a key and advise a good place to eat at that late time). This was probably the most memorable accommodation we had during our trip to New Zealand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the Waikato, a 2 and a half hour drive south of Auckland and 2 hours across from Rotorua. We are a couple of minutes drive from the world famous Glowworm Caves in Waitomo. Our Motels are world unique, built in part from recycled and natural materials. They have in the past worked hard as a war plane, a navy patrol boat and a carriage from the steam train era. As such they have a slightly lingering aroma from their industrial past, much like any modern vehicle - their scent reflects the materials they are made of. Our Hobbits built underground contain natural fibre curtains and some timbers - these too reflect the natural scent of their origins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Woodlyn Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlyn Park North Island
- Woodlyn Park Hotel North Island