“Do not miss the black labyrinth tour”

The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co.
Book In Advance
More Info
$102.80*
and up
Black Water Rafting Waitomo Caves Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co. Is New Zealand's first and world renowned Black Water adventure operator. With over 27 years experience we invite you to become part of our legend. Experience this mysterious, magical underground world of ancient caves, rivers and waterfalls, rock formations and breathtaking glowworms.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not miss the black labyrinth tour”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked the black labyrinth tour via the company website (there was a 10% discount if you booked online). The tour guides were brilliant. We had Matt and B. So funny with their tales and the jokes. They made us feel comfortable before we got in the water and the cave. This is the easiest tour that the company provides and is absolutely incredible. There are 2 waterfall jumps (we even had a practise run with a mini pier) and the last quarter of the trip is done in the dark to enjoy the beauty and wonder of the glow worms in the cave. The water is cold and in some areas a bit fast flowing but dont let that deter you from embarking on this wonderful experience. Even my husband who is afraid of water loved it and wanted to go again on the waterfall jumps. I would definitely do this again.

1 Thank Lubna A

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Cavalaire-Sur-Mer, France
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Real adventure on a new cave tour Black Odysee”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Tour Black Odysee ist just some month old and takes you 4h in the dark, just helmet lights along those stunning cave walls. You'll have parts of abseiling as well as on ziplines to cross the cave to another wall. All the time you are attached to 3 ropes around some overhanging rocks through very narrow spots. Nothing for big tummies or people with claustrophobia or fear of heights. Its absolute fun with extreme secure looking guides and no reason to fear. More exciting than Lost World!

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MADE my trip (and that's from a LOTR nerd)”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went on the Black Odyssey adventure and had the time of my life. I was petrified (in the fun way) and my guides were full of humour and history and reassurance that I was not going to plummet to my death- what else could you want on vacation? I was lucky, as it was June that I went and was therefore the only one on my tour and had both guides to myself. But this further speaks of the reliability of the company that even with just one person signed up, they ran the adventure nonetheless.

Visited June 2013
Erlangen, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great fun in the caves”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The Black Abyss tour has a lot of great activities which make is a different cave experience. It starts with 32m abseiling to get into the cave and continues with a flying fox with a twist, tubing in the caves in the dark only guided by the glowworms and crawling and climbing up the waterfalls. An absolute fantastic experience and you wouldn't even mind the cold water but the wetsuit does its job. By the way also the rock formations along the way are stunning and worth the visit.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fantastic adventure”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I did the Black Labyrinth tour which lasted around 3 hours: black water rafting in the caves, and a tour in the Glow worm caves. Our guide, Ross, was very funny; he told us many stories about the caves formation, and the glow worms. He truly made the whole experience very enjoyable. The caves are stunning, and the tubing super fun!! a Must-do experience in New zealand; totally worth it!!!!

1 Thank ImanKab