“Tube It!”

$44.40*
and up
Waitomo Glowworm Tour at Footwhistle Cave
More attraction details
Owner description: Cave World offer two fantastic tours with the aim to create memorable caving and glowworm experiences for all our customers. Either choose our fun-filled black water rafting adventure Tube It, or bring your family and friends along and join our Footwhistle Glowworm Cave Tour, a relaxed one hour guided walk down through glowworm displays and formations. We are A family-run, locally owned and operated business, Cave World specialises in providing the personal and professional touch on our authentic Waitomo tours, with over 10,000 satisfied visitors experiencing our unique piece of New Zealand each year.
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tube It!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I did this one on my own as it was last minute and there was nobody to look after our 2yr old son. It was amazing! The tour guides made me feel at home as I was the only single there. I'm seriously unfit and it took a bit of effort to climb the hill to the enterance and stairs to the exit but easy for someone with normal fitness. The tour itself was informative and lots of fun! Plenty of glow worms to see and a 2m backwards jump to take! A great time and would be even better in a group or with family!!

Visited May 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Going underground, going underground!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

4 of us took on the Tube-it challenge courtesy of a GrabOne voucher deal. Two mums who had first gone black water rafting in the early days of '88 and '89 plus two teens... Mums were nervous, teens excited! The staff were very helpful booking us in and soon we were changed and ready to go. A short drive to the drop off spot, a few photos and a stroll across the fields and we were off on our underground adventure. The waters were low after the longest driest summer in decades, but we still had a lot of fun - none of us were brave enough to squeeze through to the waterfall cave but the other guy on our trip had stronger nerves and reported it to be awesome. The obligatory scary moment did its job and stirred all the glowworms into a frenzy of glowing and we all enjoyed the caterpillar float down the caves, admiring their lights overhead. At low water I did manage to bang my bum when we did the backwards jump, but apparently nobody else did, so I'd better get back on the diet! The slide was a fun ending which was a surprise as we had not read the literature in advance. All in all we came back to the light grinning like idiots and thoroughly pleased with our little adventure. I plan to grab another GrabOne later in the year and return with my younger daughter and god-daughter from the UK... it'll be colder then, but probably a bit deeper :-) PS - loved the photo disc, a great memory of the trip underground and the sexy outfits!

Visited April 2013
“A Truly authentic magical experience night abseiling”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner signed me up for the night abseiling for my birthday. At first I must admit to having been a little nervous as I had never abseiled before and we would be doing this one in the dark! To reassure my confidence however we were very pleased to have such a experienced calm knowledgable guide named Richmond.

Richmond took just my partner and I to the 50 meter canyon that we were to abseil down. The site itself was rather simple but this allows you to see the glow worms in their natural undisturbed environment. At all times I had full confidence in the safety of what we were doing with Richmonds guidance.

We did the first abseil with a little light to get comfortable with the process and climbing up the ladders up. We then did the night abseil in complete darkness and all I could say was Wow! If was completely surreal, as we lowered into the canyon it opened up into a galaxy of glow worms lighting up our universe. It was truly incredible. An experience I will always remember. A big thanks to Richmond our guide and to my girl friend for such a memorable experience!

Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a fantastic experience. Can't recommend it highly enough. Perfect for older people as well as younger ones. Almost a spiritual experience at times floating in a rubber ring staring at thousands of glowworms all around you. Bits of adrenaline stuff thrown in, but if that's not you bag then they have ways around the plunge and the slide. They give you all the gear and off you go. A brillaint half day adventure.

Visited April 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Glow worm adventure”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great day out from Auckland. The guides, Ku and Sam, were entertaining but although they would have delivered the same jokey spiel to hundreds, probably thousands of visitors, it felt like they genuinely enjoy what they do. All of the staff, in fact, were generous and helpful and welcoming. Being a hundred meters or so below ground, in the dark, walking and floating through cold water (home to eels, rats, spiders and cave weta) to view glow worms might not be everyone's cup of tea...but our grandsons thought it was pretty cool. Recommended!

Visited March 2013
Cavew0rld, Front Office Manager at Caveworld, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thankyou for your kind review of our Tube It - Black Water Rafting trip. It's always awesome to hear feedback where our customers enjoyed their experience even if there are a few creepy crawlies hanging about in our beautiful cave system :).