“Great adventure caving”

Waitomo Adventures - Haggas Honking Holes
Ranked #7 of 10 Tours in Waitomo Caves
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Waitomo's most concentrated underground action. Do a series of abseils mostly in waterfalls, rockclimbing, spiderwalking and ladders as you explore this crazy beautiful cave. See stalactites and stalagmites; columns and glowworms. If you want a comprehensive fix of adrenalin & lots of fun - this is it! No prior experience required. All training & equipment is supplied. Allow 4 hrs (approx 2 hrs actually underground). Operator has over 27yrs of safe operation. Activity is Qualmark and Outdoorsmark endorsed. Min age 15 yrs. FREE PHOTOS OF YOUR TRIP SENT BY INTERNET
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've already seen a couple of caves but still enjoyed the tour very much. The abseiling through waterfalls, the rock climbing and even the crawling through tight spaces was amazing. Safety was superb and our guide Telli made it an awesome experience. You should be reasonably fit though to be able to fully enjoy it...

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We wanted to do the rafting originally however it was fully booked for the day we visited Waitomo so we opted for this instead and have no regrets, it is a thrilling experience with plenty of time in the caves, our instructor was highly trained and made us feel safe at all times, a fantastic way to get up close to the glow worms and an amazing experience.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm a harsh critic - but WOW, this was EXCELLENT! I was very nervous (as I cannot swim and I hate heights and dark/enclosed spaces) but our guides Jess and Jon were absolutely amazing. The activity itself was thrilling, scary, exciting, challenging, intense and definitely worth the money. Without Jess and Jon, I doubt I would have felt as comfortable and in safe hands - they were patient, comforting and confident and are a credit to the company. We just want to say a HUGE thank you and would 1million % recommend this to anyone. Walked away with a big smile on my face - definitely the best thing I've ever done! Kate, Mark, Dani x

Reviewed October 30, 2013

When we booked the tour we did not expect the adventure to be so fun! It was very physical and exciting. We had to work really hard when we did it but felt very rewarding afterwards!

The abseilings, the crawling and the rock climbing were all very fun- the guide Scot was excellent too!

2  Thank Jedi K
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Holy Cow, that was not to be expected! Ha. Good thing we had some awesome guides, Telli and Sabatian. :) Was definitely an experience that I will always remember and was stiff and sore for the next 3 days (and I'm even in pretty descent shape!). Definitely some tight squeezing areas, waterfalls pouring down your face, long repells and a few military crawls (on your stomach with water up to your neck). I probably wouldn't choose this adventure again but I wasn't really aware of what I was getting into. It was still memorable yet physically demanding but not what I really had in mind. The worst part was, I knew some water went into my mouth (not on purpose of course) and I was extremely ill for 6 days in a foreign country. The last day of the illness, I had a 14 hour flight returning home to the states (not fun!). I can't imagine what else made me so sick other than that water going into my mouth. Certainly not the companies fault but just be cautious if you decide to do this adventure.
Jodi