“Close to the Airport and quite convenient”

Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed only one night here. They have a free Airport Shuttle, they are open 24 hours a day. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they have a small swimming pool where you can refresh after a tiring journey.
The only thing we did not like was the Restaurant. The staff there was not interested at all and unfriendly and the food was expensive and not exceptional. The restaurant itself was quite cheerless too.
Anyway, when you want a good place to stay overnight, think about this hotel, because it is a calm and quiet place, only 10 minutes from the Airport and you can have a good night of sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here as 2 couples before catching an early flight. The room was clean and comfortable. The tavern next door wasn't serving food so we went to the motel restaurant where the food was very good and reasonably priced.The staff were very helpful. Nice swimming pool which was very welcome as we were there in a heat wave. Would recommend as a good spot for convenience to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Comfort Inn Bel Eyre is a basic motel and is expensive (Aus $180 per night) for what you get.

The room was a standard motel room, clean and tidy.

We thought of using the restaurant at the motel but when we looked in and saw how little character and atmosphere there was we abandoned any thought of using it; instead we took the bus to Perth.

The motel is near the airport and this was good. There was a bus stop very close to the motel which is well serviced by buses to Perth.There was also a complimentary shuttle service to the airport.
However, there are no shops in the vicinity and given that we had no car this was a severe disadvantage.

Overall, I believe that if I had done some further research I could have found much better value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stopped here one night before catching a flight at the airport. Room was very spacious and clean! Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Shared bathrooms were spotless and the bed was comfy. Very quiet place where you can relax and sleep, nicest place I've stayed in perth on a budget.

Only downside was the lack of light in the room due to spotlights rather than windows (although not the case in all rooms).

Ideal location for the airport, bit far out from the city, but buses do run daily.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamkit
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a clean, convenient and happy place to stay if you need to be near the airport. There is a free shuttle service. I didn't know I could call it from the airport, and had the misfortune to arrive with the most surly and rude taxi driver I met in my whole trip. (He was less than half my age, but didn't even get out of the car to get my long-haul luggage from the boot. But what a dimwit I was not to walk off leaving the passenger door wide open (just a little traveller's tip!))

I don't see why the roadworks would make it that difficult to find, as it is well signed.

When I was leaving, the lovely young lady at reception drove quite a few of us to the airport, so it felt like very personal service, and it's free.

The pool and jacussi were really lovely and I spent the whole afternoon there. There's little else to do in Belmont. What I didn't understand was why there were only two loungers. However, the tables and chairs round the pool were really nice, largely in the shade, and well used by people who were quietly reading. In November you can have breakfast at 6.15 am and sit by the pool for hours. I was allowed a late checkout and that is just what I did.

Ozzy telly is 'gaaaaabage', but here they had the best choice of channels and a decent remote.

At reception they have the best selection of leaflet and booklets I have ever seen. I planned a lot of the rest of my trip with the help of them.

The only disadvantage is that, as a motel, your door and window go straight to the outside, you you could be woken late by returning revellers, or early by kids going for breakfast at 6.30. In my case it was very genteel revellers, and the kids were soon gone.

Breakfast was all you could wish for. I would stay here again, and again, and again.

Room Tip: Ask whether they have a quiet one. I would doubt whether they have, as you can park your car right o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your great comments about our property. It is very pleasing to hear that our amenities and services offered have met with your travel arrangements.
We endeavour to ensure our guests feel welcome and comfortable staying with us and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to the Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed here a few times when I must overnight in Perth before continuing my journey on an early morning flight. This is not a luxury motel, but the rooms are clean, check-in is quick, staff are helpful, and very important: there is a shuttle service to and from the airport. One of the problems encountered in Perth, with hotels that are close to the airport, is the frequency of taxi no-shows. So the shuttle service is more important than you might expect. A lot of fly-in fly-out workers use this motel - it is a no-nonsense but comfortable place to stay. There is a restaurant and breakfast facilities, but I have not used these because I usually arrive late and leave early. If just want a quick stop over near the airport - this will probably do for you.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PleagleTrainer
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for you for your positive remarks about the Motel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us on a regular basis. Unfortunately –like yourself- a lot of guests arrive too late and leave too early to use our Restaurant. Hopefully one day you will get the opportunity to try our culinary offerings, which are freshly prepared daily by our chefs. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was close to the airport and we had an early flight booked. Extensive roadworks made getting to the hotel difficult.
Check in was very slow.
The room was adequate.
The only place to eat was the hotel dining room but when we arrived there at 6pm we were told we should have made a reservation and they were fully booked. Reception gave us no indication that this was the case. It was suggested that we use Room Service. When we were reluctant to do this, a "reserved" table was made available. Diners who followed us were not so fortunate and had to eat in their rooms. We could not understand why people were being turned away since there were tables available that were not set up for dinner.
The meal was good.
We used the airport shuttle in the morning and it was prompt and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guests,
I am sorry to hear your stay at the Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth was marred by the roadworks and your difficulty in obtaining a restaurant reservation. At this stage the roadworks are ongoing but should be completed within the next 4-6 weeks. In regards to your dining situation a table in the Palms Restaurant at 6.00pm ought have been made available to you. I cannot understand how there were tables not set for dinner at that hour, as all tables are fully set for A-La-Carte immediately after breakfast.
The Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth takes great pride in the Palms Restaurant and endeavours to make guests feel welcome and accommodate where-ever possible. Staff have been questioned about this matter but not knowing the exact date of your stay makes it impossible to find out what went wrong on the day. I am certain this is an isolated case and will endeavour to make sure it does not occur again.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Best Western Plus Ascot Serviced Apartments
Aloft Perth
Aloft Perth
#5 of 66 in Perth
Assured Ascot Quays Apartment Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth? Share your experiences!