“Very quiet area, with excellent accommodation”

Country Comfort Inter City Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Belmont
Kingston
“Very quiet area, with excellent accommodation”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked a 3 bedroom townhouse for the 6 of us. 4 adults and 2 children. the accommodation was spacious with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets, one upstairs and one downstairs.The kitchen was excellent, the only negative was the tiny fridge for the 6 of us. There was a nice out door area, with table and chairs. Townhouse also had a washing machine and dryer as well as a clothes line. We never heard any noise from the nearby airport and the beds were extremely comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the coffee from the restaurant was perfect. We didnt eat in the restaurant as we had all cooking facilites in our townhouse, and it was easier with the kids to eat in.There is a small playground for the little kids, a swimming pool and spa.
Highly recommended and would defintaley stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
intmgr, General Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your favourable review of your recent stay at the hotel.

Over recent years, we have worked very closely with each townhouse owner to ensure the look and feel of these units exceed our guest's expectations. Likewise, the hotel will continue to improve the hotel's recreational facilities of the kid’s playground, pool and barbeque area.

As General manager, I do take all feedback very seriously and I look forward to assisting you with your accommodation needs on your next visit to Perth.

Peter Neville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Czech first
Merredin
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The rooms are nice and clean, nothing special. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. A perfect place to stop over on your travels. The room we had was right on the highway and we were worried about the noise levels, but we didnt hear a thing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the accommodation met your needs in relation to comfort, location and minimal road noise. Sine the new highway has been completed the noise has reduced considerably.

I greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to assisting you with you accommodation requirements on your next visit to Perth.

Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Over night stay in Perth due to flight times, had a great night here. Bed was big and comfy, pool looked inviting, staff couldn't do enough for me and the breakfast was good value, perfectly cooked and satisfying.
Highly recommended, would love to stay again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your favourable review of your experience at the hotel on your recent stay. As General Manager, I take all guest feedback very seriously. Over recent years, we have spent considerable time improving our cooked breakfast selections to exceed our guest's expectations.

I will ensure your feedback is distributed to the relevant departments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Like many travelling west, I got in on a late late flight. The stay at the hotel was comfortable, but there isn't a lot of flair or wow factor about the accommodation in the rooms.

The bathroom was dated, but large and well equipped
The room looked tired, but had
-Good, reasonably priced minibar
-Good quality iron (even if stored on the floor of cupboard)
-Ample parking (good for business travellers with hire cars)
-All multichannel free to air stations -good for watching Friday night football on 7mate

The friendly efficient reception were good.

Room Tip: No lift, so downstaris if you don't want to carry bags.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the hotel. At present we have a painter upgrading all rooms and bathroom fittings. Next we are scheduled to remodel all bathrooms and this will ensure all components of each hotel room is modern and in line with our guest expectations.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is very nice and a convenient place to stay. The rooms are very modern and the bathrooms are too. The hotel provides a gym, tennis court, and a pool. I prefer the upstairs rooms because they provide more privacy and you have a balcony. Their is no free wifi like every hotel in Australia, and movies on demand are expensive though yet provided. The breakfast provided is very nice, but the diner I'm not a fan because I don't like red meat, though my mate had a steak and said its very nice. The car park is all secure and fenced off so only guest can stay there which is good. Overal a very nice hotel and I stay there now even over the 5star hotels because they are all the same in Australia really

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are the way to go, more privacy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
intmgr, General Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Country Comfort Intercity Hotel. As noted in your comments, the hotel has undergone major improvements in the last twelve months with significant refurbishments of all rooms and this is continuing with the hotel recently employer a painter to our team.

The new menu was released recently and whilst it does have a large number of red meat dishes, we also have a good variety of seafood and vegetarian options as well.

I will definitely pass you feedback on to all the staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.

leeds
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

As a sales exec I travel throughout Australia on business. I was booked in here by work for 3 nights. As I always do I checked out TA. I was a bit put off by the negative reviews but I also know some people love to whine on here but never let hoteliers know at the time of their stay. I found the service from all staff to be professional and more importantly happy, the rooms are all well equipped, cleaned each day and up to a modern standard. The bar serves a good selection of drinks and the courtyard area is superb. A huge swimming pool is on offer and when I come back ill be bringing my swimmers. I ate the breakfast each morning and found it to be great. I would also like to congratulate the chef on superb meals and a good menu. The soft shell crab is by far the best I've ever had and their lamb ribs are worth a go too. I nearly gave this place all 1's just write the same review and let people know that only look at the negative reports they have nothing to be concerned about. I came across the manager a couple of times and he always asked how I was. He was even in the car park one morning picking up a few bits of litter that had blown in. Obviously Some one who takes pride in his establishment. Well done to you and all your team ill be back and ill also recommend you to work an the agent who we use. Thanks

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank samm2783
intmgr, General Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your favourable review in relation to your recent stay.
As mentioned, we have just updated our season menu and the ribs and soft shell crab seem to be a winner with all guests. The chef is definitely stepping it up and the establishment is now in the running for WA’s best steak sandwich!
I also take great comfort in hearing that all staff exceeded your expectation in relation to professional & friendly service! We hare instigated several internal training programs and incentive programs that have been well received by all staff.
We also have commenced a major painting program of all rooms now that the installation of the furniture and curtains is complete. This program will take several months, but will bring all rooms up to a greater standard.
As General Manager I greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will continue to pick up any litter to ensure all staff do take pride in the appearance of the hotel and the service we provide!

Sunshine Coast
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here after a wonderful 2 week jaunt around the south west in a motorhome. Was assured on booking, that the room had a kitchenette. True, there was a 2 burner cooktop, microwave and sink. But no pots or pans to cook with - nor any other dishes for preparation. Went to reception for help, and was told this was standard and if we wanted them, to go ask the kitchen. Waitress knew nothing about this strange request - so she went to reception. Finally came back and gave me a pot, pan, tongs and tea towel - no sharp knife though.
Went back to room to pour a glass of wine, but no wine glasses...what hotel room doesn't have wine glasses? (Or for that matter wine in the mini bar). Back to the restaurant to ask for glasses but a more senior waitress commented to the one I asked that 'we don't have any spare wineglasses'. Lucky for her she found 2.
The bathroom and kitchenette was really shabby with patched walls, cracked tiles, missing basin plug and 1 fluffy towel and one hard as a board. The accommodation is dated - don't be fooled by the photos and yes it is being renovated, but in our room, the renovations have been done the wrong way around. So there are nice new curtains, carpet and furniture and of course a big telly, before the basics like painting. It's just weird.
Next day complained to the manager who was oh so polite and charming - and duly wrote everything down. Then said that they don't provide any cooking implements, and - get this - saying with a straight face that even 4 and 5 star hotels don't provide wine glasses. Oh please! Did I look so bedraggled that I couldn't possibly have ever stayed in a superior hotel?
Country comfort - hah. That might be a slur on country hospitality. Oh and the crockery was dirty and one plate was cracked.
And in case you want to check out what facilities there are (and where they are - I even had to ask AGAIN at reception where the laundry was) don't bother looking for a compendium as they don't supply those either. But there are plenty of menus for their own restaurant.
Did the manager offer any recompense? Of course not. Because they are raking in the cash and don't have to. We spent $396 on those 2 nights accommodation - more than the whole 2 weeks in the motorhome, and were less comfortable because the road noise is huge.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a room away from the road. Rooms are off a central open ended corridor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanetMcCorkill
Dear guest

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent stay at the hotel. As you have noted we are undergoing a major refurbishment of all rooms and as such you would have identified several areas where repairs have been undertaken as the room in question is getting repainted this week.
All studio rooms do have fry pans and saucepans as located under the hotplates in your room. In relation to the minibar, we do provide an extensive in-room dining option that includes are large variety of wines rather than a mediocre half bottle solution. When a bottle of wine is ordered for room service, it is delivered with wine or champagne glasses dependant on the selection.
As General Manager I greatly appreciate your feedback as it ensures we can continue to make improvements that will allow us the ability to exceed our customer’s expectations.