“Was fantastic, although my surprise in the bathroom (snake)”

Country Comfort Inter City Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Belmont
“Was fantastic, although my surprise in the bathroom (snake)”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Country comfort was a very delightful place too stay with really delightful people in reception, really enjoyed it and the meals were fantastic! Although I did find a baby brown snake it my bathroom tonight

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Tyyson
intmgr, Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review of the F&B offering at Country Comfort Intercity Hotel. I will ensure you feedback is forwarded onto the team. This week we have also introduced a new menu with some sensational desserts that you may enjoy.

I have also had maintenance follow up on your reported snake sighting and we believe that it is no longer about.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Czech first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked through the internet base on the recommendation from TripAdvisor, Country Comfort is a great hotel with clean room and comfortable bed. Room is equipped with microwave and full coffee making facilities. It has a restaurant that served breakfast lunch and dinner. . Breakfast is great value for money and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Hotel do have Meeting Rooms for conferences , a gym , a pool and a tennis court. Indeed a great choice, we shall be back !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WorldGlutton
intmgr, Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your favourable review of the hotel.

Over the last year we have focussed on upgrading all guest rooms to a better level and this is to continue this year with the appointment of a dedicated painter to refresh all room.

At the same time, I am pleased to advised that we are about to renovate the tennis court & gym.

I also appreciate your fantastic review of the F&B offerings and I am pleased that we have just finalised a new menu that should be implemented in about 2 weeks.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.

Victor Harbor, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Country Comfort is a very delightful hotel. Every time we go to perth we make the effort to stay at this hotel. It to me and my family feels like home. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 4 years and it is excellent. The rooms are always clean and homey. I have never had a negative experience with this hotel. The service is great, never leave you waiting. The pool area is very big and well clean. The restaurant "the firehouse" is a great place to dine in, it has the perfect scenery near the pool area and has a a outdoor area too if that tickles your fancy. The meals are great and very yummy. I have not been one bit unsatisfied with this hotel. It has a tennis area as well, that would be my only negative experience with this hotel it does not provide very much tennis balls or tennis rackets but besides that it is a perfect family stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
intmgr, General Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel after your recent visit.

We are about to commence a full redevelopment of the tennis court and gym area and the issues you raised will be rectified.

Encounter Bay, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and find the setting comfortable, warm and friendly.
The pool area is a great aspect here, with a lovely retaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The rooms are very comfortable and modern, unfortunately the bathrooms are a little old and tired. But that would be my only criticism. However, on the whole, I find this hotel to suit all my accomodation needs.
The hotel has an openness about it, which I like. There is a large tennis court, pool area and the rooms are quite spacious.
It is also situated near many restaurants, and has a great shopping centre about a 5 min drive away which has some great shopping.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have lovely little courtyards and block A ( pool side) has access from their privat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
intmgr, Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Renee

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are about to commence a major painting program across all rooms (including bathrooms) in the coming weeks. We have also sourced new fixtures that will modernise the bathrooms.

I greatly appreciate your positive review and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.

Victor Harbor, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed here at least a dozen times and have never had a negative experience. I have stayed in blocks A, B, C,and the town houses and have never been disappointed with the rooms, service, food quality and experience.
The rooms have just been refurbished and are very neat tidy and comfortable. Each room downstairs has a little courtyard area which is a lovely addition to the comfort of the rooms.
The pool area is great and my 13yo daughter loves to swim while my wife and I enjoy a glass of wine in the outdoor dining area which also has a huge flat screen TV to view while you are dining outside.
The fire house restaurant serves great food and delicious desserts, and I have never been disappointed with the quality of their food.
The staff have always been friendly and their staff turnover over seems to be quite low as I still see familiar faces from when I first visited more than 6 years ago.
Their location is great, a 10 minute drive to the city and even less to the airport. There is also a fantastic Japanese restaurant across the road which I highly recommend. Also, there is a great shopping centre around the corner with great shopping, and a picture theatre.
We have stayed at other places in Perth, but always come back here as it ticks all the boxes for our family.
The only downside would be the gym, as it is pretty ordinary, and tired but we are runners, so that doesn't effect us.

Room Tip: Block A downstairs so you have private access to the pool
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TeamJaffa
Dear Team Jaffa

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the hotel.

Over the last couple of years, we have established a great team of employees across all departments and this in now beginning to reflect in the level of compliments we receive regarding our customer service.

In 2013, we are finalising plans for significant works around the gym and tennis court which means the gym will be moving. For this reason we have limited our upgrade of this facility until all works are complete.

Once again, thank you for your feedback & we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well, I read all these reviews after my company booked me in for 8 nights and was concerned but it was too late to change due to it being new years day. So I thought I would do one night and then ask to be moved elsewhere. Long story short I stayed the full 8 nights and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean and well set out. Big bed, good office desk and clean bathroom. I tried quite a selection of the menue for breakfast and dinners and the food is just as good as the more expensive stays in the city. Lamb shanks melt in your mouth, rib eye steaks cooked perfect and crab and prawn cakes to rival any Thai restaurant just to mention a few. The staff are very friendly and willing to help and room service prompt. I also stay in the city sometimes where I pay twice the price for moldy showers, smelly carpet and bad service. I'm upper management and have travelled/ moteled for 20 years for work. There is nothing wrong with this place.

Room Tip: C block is very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review in relation to your recent stay at Country Comfort Intercity Hotel.

Over the last two years, we have concentrated heavily on increasing our level of customer service and room decor.

During 2013 this is scheduled to continue with the hotel embarking on am comprehensive painting program.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to seeing you next time you are in Perth.

albany
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We checked in for one night before flying to Melbourne. Our room had a lot of Mosquitos, I asked the front desk for spray in which he said he would find some for us and bring it down. Well we didn't receive the fly spray or a phone call to say they had none. I will say that they were dealing with some major issue that night. Room service very expensive for what you got. Corridors very dirty and dark. Hotel need a really good renovation. On the upside they have a free shuttle bus going to the airport. Really is best suited for the mine workers. Won't stay again would stay in the city and pay more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
intmgr, General Manager at Country Comfort Inter City Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Shizza

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay at Country Comfort Intercity Hotel.
We are in the process of having all corridor carpets cleaned and this will be undertaken this week. During last year, we upgrade the majority of the furnishings within each room and recently installed the new 40" lcd televisions. In the coming months we will employ a hotel painter to repaint all rooms.

As General Manager, I greatly appreciate your feedback and hopefully will see you on your return visit to Perth.

Peter Neville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Airport Apartments
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#12 of 64 in Perth

Been to Country Comfort Inter City Hotel? Share your experiences!