“Great apartment.”

Donalea Bed & Breakfast
Brisbane, Australia
“Great apartment.”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed in the very well equiped, private and comfortable apartment at Donalea. It is spacious and beautifully furnished with a lovely view of the gardens and Huon river. There is plenty of room if two couples wanted to share. We even had our own private deck to enjoy the garden, birds and view. Donalea is in a quiet location close to all the attractions of the Huonville area. Our hosts Leanne and Don made us very welcome and recommended places to eat and visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is one the better and most beautiful B&Bs I have ever been to. The service from our hosts was wonderful. The B&B is a beautiful old house on a bay called castle forbes bay in Huon Valley. It is such a pretty area, and the B&B's gardens were something else. Just very, very pretty, and lots of cute wildlife around - we saw a cute potteroo in the garden, (which to the locals is like rabbits on the mainland). The hosts are very versatile, we thought we would be arriving quite late, and they offered to still give us afternoon tea as a supper instead, but at very late notice, we changed our plans and arrived when we were meant to check in and were served afternoon tea promptly, which by the way was absolutely delicious. Yummy homemade fruit cake and tim tams. Our host was very informative about dinner options around and in nearby towns. Franklin's Lady Franklin Hotel a great restaurant and very yummy meals. The B&B is a large house and we stayed in a spa suite. Absolutely everything needed is provided in the bathroom from a shaver down to make up remover. The spa was lovely, and the electric blanket even lovelier! So relaxing. Had best sleep I've had in a while, what a pity we were only here one night. The next morning the breakfast we had was definitely a country hearty breakfast, and it doesn't need to be bacon and eggs to be hearty. There was cereal, home made bread, croissants, fruit, and home made muffins, oh and the best coffee. I cant say enough about how nice this place is, so very homely and cozy. Thank you to our hosts, you were wonderful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank missymooch
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Donalea is located in a magic and beautiful part of the Huon Valley of Tasmania.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and immaculately clean and warm. The view is gorgeous, while sitting and enjoying a hearty and delicious breakfast served in the dining room of the house. Both Leanne & Don are excellent hosts, friendly and welcoming and nothing is a bother to assist you in anyway that they can. Thoroughly recommended.
Can't wait to go back to Donalea.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is our second time here and it brought back so many great memories. The place is charming and spacious, extremely clean with spectacular views of the huon river. Don and Leanne are so genuinely warm and did everything they could to make our stay memorable. The gardens are beautiful and there are great places closeby to eat and visit. I will definitely be returning for my 3rd time and more!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Adelaide SA
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Fresh air, a real sense of fresh home cooking, beautiful clean room and a ripper cosy guest lounge. Plenty to see in the area, try the tethered hang gliding at the Tahune Air Walk. A friendly but not over-bearing welcome. The best of B&B hospitality. Great suggestions for meals etc. Brilliant place to re-charge your batteries, handy to some wineries so you can re-charge your cellar and it won't break the budget either. Congratulations to the hosts, Don and Leanne.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankston, Victoria
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I first found Donalea B&B on the Internet 4 years ago and my first visit was so wonderful, I have now been back 13 times and I have visit No 15 booked for May!
I feel like I step into another world as I walk down the brick pathway between the cottage garden beds. I have seen the garden in all seasons and it's always a pleasure - especially watching the giant bumble bees do their thing.
The waterview room is my favourite. I love looking out at the ever changing waters of the Huon River. My favourite is when it's calm and mirror like and the hills across the river are a perfect reflection. There's nothing better than sitting in the guest lounge with a great book and the cosy wood heater burning brightly.
Don and Leanne are the perfect hosts, with the right amount of friendliness and nothing is ever too much trouble. Our chats over breakfast, whether I'm there on my own or there are other guests as well, are always entertaining. Leanne's home baked bread, muffins and pikelets are just delicious.
I have taken many family members and friends with me as they want to see what draws me back so many times. I think my mother-in-law summed it up beautifully when she said at Hobart airport - "Back to reality now, shame we can't stay there forever." My feelings exactly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Launceston. Tasmania
Reviewed January 27, 2007

This has to be the best B&B we have stayed in. Don and Leanne made us feel welcome from the time we arrived to the time we left them with handshakes and hugs.They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible as I am suffering from a terminal illness. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The setup at the B & B is excellent anyway, but their desire to make you feel at home has taken their interest in people to the next level. If ten stars were available in the rating system this would be were I would put it. The guest lounge is gorgeous, the bedrooms delightful, and the overall "feel" of the property makes it a 'must to stay in".
Keith & Christine Lucas. Launceston. Tasmania

#1 of 5 in Dover
Smugglers Rest
Smugglers Rest
#1 of 1 in Dover

Been to Donalea Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!