Loved this place. The apartment was lovely, clean & spacious with a very nice view. I don't think I would have loved it here in peak time though as I think it would get very noisy from surrounding apartments, we only had one night with a group of people a few apartments down & we had to close the doors & put a/c on as it was like their conversation was happening on our deck. We were also lucky to be positioned on the edge of the resort, being in the middle wouldn't be great.
The kitchen is the only disappointment, although not unusual for modern apartments. No oven, just a microwave & two burners. The burners are so small you can't actually use them both at the same time though as two pots won't fit. Poorly stocked cupboards...you need to bring everything including containers so it would be pretty hard (or expensive) to be self contained if you weren't driving from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley is situated just 2 hours drive north of Sydney and 30kms west of the heritage city of Maitland. Surrounded by vineyards, the Grand Mercure is located within The Vintage resort and features contemporary two bedroom 4.5 star luxury apartments that have been designed to complement the area's natural environment and prestigious location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Mercure Hotel Rothbury
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury