“Absolutely love this place!”
Review of Lillino

Lillino
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Rothbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the Lovedale area. St Clements Estate is extremely private and offers an extensive range of wines all produced from our estate. We are also excited to have opened the doors to Lillino's Italian/Pizza restaurant in June 2011.We welcome you to the most authentic and best Italian restaurant in the Hunter Valley Region. Offering some of the finest cuisine with one of the best views in the Hunter.Come on in today, sit back, relax and let us introduce you to a culinary journey without comparison. Grilled Sardinian pecorino drizzled with honey, Spaghetti with sea urchin and homemade Mussel Bottarga, Kurunjones, succulent Suckling Pig, salted crust Burramundi, steam mussels and a variety of other dishes from our ever changing menu. OPENING HOURS:We are open for Lunch from Thursday to Monday from 12pm - 3pm(No pizza's on Thursday lunch)Dinner from 6pm to late Thursday to Monday(closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays)
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been to Lillino's twice now and can't wait to go again. I stumbled across it in Nov last year and what I found was an amazing view and the best bruschetta I have ever tasted in my life! Not to mention that amazing pizza and the suckling pig that was delicious. The staff were so friendly and it was a lovely place for dinner. I went again last weekend and took my parents and my dad ordered the rabbit and loved it so much he didn't even offer us a taste! Lol. Again the staff were friendly and attentive. Luigi's singing makes the visit feel like you are in Italy. I love everything about this place. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fairly new in the Hunter we found this beautiful restaurant at Rothbury with one of the best views on offer in the Hunter. The food is authentic regional, seasonal italian food inspired by the italian island of Sardinia. Very family friendly and good value, the mouth watering pizzas and al la carte menu has lots to offer. A great place to have brunch, lunch or dinner over a glass of wine from the estate with restaurant is in, St Clements Wines. We will be coming here again and again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Made our first visit to this little Gem Lillino Italian Restaurant for our son's 18th Birthday - and what a wonderful choice it was - from the drive up to the main building through the vines where Kangaroos bounded freely to the wonderful crafted wooden decor (made by the Host Luigi) we felt we were in for a special night - and we were not dissapointed. The Tasty Starter of Garlic pizza Bread and Brusetta were followed by a divine serving of perfectly cooked scollops , beautful presented with a lovely jus. We ordered pasta and pizza's all cooked to perfection not over topped but traditional in every way - this is a very fine Restauant - the wine which is grown in the vinyard was wonderful as was the service and atmosphere - we will make this a regular visit just fabulous! The Host Luigi is the italian Uncle we all wished we had - and Chef man you can really cook.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We had been told that this was a great Italian experience. Alas, this is a fairly ordinary place with little to recommend it. The menu is limited and then there were items that weren't available. The first dish I asked for was unavailable and the second the waitress talked me out of by implying it was tough - very ordinary! Then there was the wine list - only there home brand and ordinary at that - vintages as specified weren't available either. What happened to a little choice - maybe Italian food and Italian wine. I didn't have dessert but the list was in keeping with the rest of the meal - ordinary and predictable. I was also told that the owner/ maitre d' likes to sing which he did - once again ordinary, but he was in your face and interrupted our conversation and meal to try to socialise - please when will doofus interruptus stop! If you're looking for ok Italian at a too high price, this place is for you.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

You go to an Italian restaurant expecting authentic home made pasta, not PACKET PASTA. Owner said they're looking into making their own. Best do that good sir, the packet stuff isn't worth $30 a dish!!!
And with a reluctant prawn pasta dish ordered, only prawn meat pieces and no actual whole prawns anywhere in the whole dish. Ripped off?!! Flavour unremarkable. Had mind blowing pasta experiences with other Italian restaurants, Lillino's doesn't have it.

Setting lovely, service OK, that is it.

2  Thank zzhr