“Nice luxury- great service”

Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rothbury
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I traveled to this resort and stayed two nights a few years ago. I found it to be beautiful and loved how each room was designed around a theme. My mom and I were there for a special event and found the staff friendly and very professional. We are American and felt right at home. The facial I had was amazing and my mom enjoyed her massage. This is definitely a must-do in Hunter Valley. It's beautiful and peaceful and guests are treated very well.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We spent 2 nights at Élan in June my fiancé booked it for a surprise weekend away a month before we get married, this was the perfect spot, from the moment we walked in this amazing smell greeted us as well as the amazing welcoming staff.

We were welcomed into our room the "Paris" room, we loved the huge spa and of course the massage bed, but unfortunately our room seemed to be missing a remote for the bed of course it was my side of the bed!!!!

We had dinner at legends grill which was fairly good and only a few minutes walk which is always a good thing especially when you have been on wine tours all day!!!

Will recommend to anyone wanting a nice romantic weekend away!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucyena18
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We spent a week at Chateau Elan. All the staff were courteous, professional, warm and friendly. Our room (1 bedroom villa suite) was spacious, well laid out, user-friendly and comfortable - lovely to be in. The grounds, including gardens, lawns and golf course, are beautifully laid out and maintained, and a pleasure to walk around in. We enjoyed the pool - pristinely clean, very pleasant water quality, long enough to stretch out for exercise doing laps, and big enough to share with 4 young teenage boys playing games. The large mob of Eastern grey kangaroos to watch morning and evening are a bonus, as is the bird life. Everything is clean and well maintained. Thanks for a very relaxing and comfortable week.

Room Tip: be aware most rooms are in free-standing buildings in groups of 8 - be prepared for a lovely 1 minut...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I'm speechless, no words can do it justice what Laurrel & I experienced on the weekend at Chateau Élan "(Laurrel) as I was calling it!

From the moment we arrived on Saturday afternoon until we left on Monday, you and your exceptional staff made Laurrel & I feel so very special.

Thank you for taking care of everything Joe; your warmth, kindness and generosity knows no bounds.

We had such a wonderful experience, lots of laughs and have taken away some lifetime memories of a truly great weekend.

It was lovely to meet your wife, Stacey and spend time with you both on Sunday evening.

I'll be sure to recommend Chateau Elan to all my friends & family in the future.

Looking forward to catching up with you very soon. hopefully before the Stones concert in November.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate all your efforts to make our weekend one of the best ever.

Best wishes

Steve & Laurrel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I contacted the property from overseas and wanted them to organise a few things for guests staying and I can't say enough of how content I am over the whole experience. I spoke to a Mr. Aron Smith who basically is a walking and talking advertisement for that GREAT AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMER SERVICE that people mention overseas. Thank you Aron - Next time I am in the Hunter Valley i will definitely stop by and stay a few nights!

Thank you Chateau Elan Staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kangatraveller
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here for two nights for our 15yr anniversary! We chose the best place hunter has to offer! Absolutely amazing experience! Accommodation is beautiful, staff are super friendly .. Golf course is gorgeous.. Views as superb .. The spa is just sensational.. We will back!! The breakfast is YUMMY and the Legends Grill was just Devine for dinner .. a Worth every cent!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniela F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A lovely luxury property that feels far removed from the hustle and bustle of life in the city!
The stand out feature for me of the Spa King room is the giant spa bath and luxury bathroom amenities.
The staff at this hotel go out of their way to help.
Make time to try the wonderful day spa (complete with a hydrolounge) and Legends Grill (if it is on the menu the cheese ravioli with white wine sauce is divine)!
My only gripe is that there needs to be a bit more lighting on the pathways - the resort is quite sprawling and it was a bit difficult to find the restaurant in the dark.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothbury
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Chateau Elan Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!