Chateau Elan At The Vintage Hunter Valley
$278
$251
$348
Hunter Valley Resort(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$120
Pokolbin Village(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
Agoda.com
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$173
$128
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Harrigan's Irish Pub & Accommodation(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,252 results
All reviewsgolf coursespa suitelegends grillhunter valleygolf buggiesmy partnermini barwashing machinemain buildingrelaxing stayking roombuffet breakfasttwo night staygas fireplacetennis courtswedding anniversaryromantic weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It's such a pleasure to check in to a room that's not grotty and worn! This was our 3rd visit - the previous ones in 2012 and 2013 - and the chateau has been around longer than that...but the rooms are still very clean and in great condition.

We stayed in an upper floor spa villa - the view from the balcony across the golf course stretches for miles and the sunsets were magical. Kangaroos were everywhere as usual. Admittedly, the walls are a bit thin - and everyone in our villa block was privy to a very loud phone conversation between mother and daughter on one occasion. Thankfully, we only had to put up with these inconsiderate people for one night - and the rest of our stay was peaceful.

The kitchenette is well equipped - but I like to bring my own non-stick fry pan for breakfast cooking; and be aware that they don't provide a toaster due to expensive fire alarm activation by guests in the past. Other hotels we've encountered with this problem simply install a notice on the kitchen wall advising guests they will be charged $750 if they activate the fire alarm.

If you don't feel like cooking, the Vintage Club Grill provides meals - we don't bother with breakfast here anymore as it disappointed on our last 2 visits. Dinners however are very good - especially if you enjoy a good steak. Just don't expect great service as it's very 'hit and miss'.

We'll be back and recommend this hotel as clean and well located near the wineries. He says the golf is great too.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor spa villas provide a great view across the golf course and beyond and have a well equipped kitchenette - we recommend bringing your own fry pan and toaster.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked this accommodation for my friends birthday as a surprise little getaway. The staff were all very responsive to emails and any questions I had leading up to my stay.
The price was reasonable and included a yummy buffet breakfast each day which was extremely good quality food and very delicious!

Our one bed spa villa was so big. We were actually surprised as it looked smaller in photos online. We had our own privacy and it felt like we just booked a house for the weekend it was really comfortable. The bed was huge and very comfy to!! Although the pillows weren't very comfortable but that wasn't a big issue.
Reception and the concierge were extremely friendly and attentive. They were always in happy moods greeting us with smiles and keen to have a chat. I loved the fact you could call them to pick you up in buggies and drive you around the grounds.
The housekeeping is extremely good to the place was spotless when we arrived!
I highly recommend this hotel. It is def my num 1 place now I have ever stayed at. I definitely cannot wait to go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful place however two things were EXTREMELY disappointing. 1. My king sized bed was made up by 2 singles joined together. If I wanted 2 singles I would have asked for it. Really uncomfortable for my girlfriend and I as there was a dip in between the 2 beds. Not exactly what you would expect for $299 a night. Secondly, as the next morning was ANZAC day the cafe that served breakfast closed early and gave us NO heads up when we checked in the day prior. When I checked out I asked the concierge manager about it, he has absolutely zero idea and openly shared that even he didn't know. If the staff doesn't know, how do you expect customers to know? I know for a fact that we were not the only customers that checked out hungry, as we met other guests in another cafe discussing how disappointed we all were. Definitely not recommending this to my business partners, friends and family.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Wallanli
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We booked Chateau Elan for a 2 night stay as we were travelling to the Hunter Valley for a friend's wedding (at a separate venue). I was pleasantly surprised by the price of our accommodation which was about $430 for both Saturday and Sunday night. Hunter Valley accommodation can be expensive, with 2 night minimum stays imposed on weekends and I know some other wedding guests were paying a lot more than this for a much lower standard of accommodation. Chateau Elan was everything we needed for a short weekend stay with modern rooms and a really big bathroom. Breakfast was not included in the room rate and is buffet-style at the golf club restaurant (hotel guests receive a discount), which is about a 5 minute walk from the villas. We stayed in a first floor spa king room - a word of warning, our room had a shared balcony with another room. I am not sure if this is a feature of all spa king villas, but it can be rather awkward to walk out onto your balcony to see another guests in their bathrobes!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dames_and_Cole
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Took my mum away for a relaxing trip out of Sydney for her Birthday, I must say booking, questions, emails were all answered fast and in full detail reception girls are lovely. The rooms are clean and unmarked (first night next to a young family the walls are very thin as we could hear the children like they were in our room!) but fine once they left.
a surprise birthday cake from the Chateau for my mum was in the room upon arrival.. Very nice surprise.
We had a lovely few days the only let down would be breakfast is not included, if paying full price it ends up being a pricey weekend away every little thing is a cost $14- to order a movie??! But would absolutely return.

• Stayed: April 2014