“Well worth the stay.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rothbury
Queensland, Australia
“Well worth the stay.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was a wonderful place to stay. The kids enjoyed the hotel as well. Very luxurious. The bath products in the room were beautiful. The fireplace was a great touch. The golf course was first class. Close enough to the vine yards to go to unite a few in the one day.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here right before New Year's Eve, to get a quick overnight stay in before we commenced NYE madness back in Sydney.

The grounds are immaculate and surrounded by lush Australian bush and a beautifully kept golf green.

The hotel is fully serviced so upon arriving, our bags were taken and the car was parked for us, in their large outdoor, free car park.

We checked in relatively quickly and were taken to our room on the first floor, named the "Kyoto" room. The other thing you'll notice upon entry is the beautiful smell throughout the hotel. They sell that scent in candle form, but put the fragrance through the air conditioning. It's a great touch and rather relaxing.
The room was beautifully furnished with small Japanese touches. The bed was huge and comfortable and featured a massager- mainly a vibrating function (slightly strange). The bed foot and head height could also be adjusted, which was perfect for watching tv.

The bathroom was large and I loved the amenities and small toiletries provided- particularly the soaps, moisturizers etc by Appelles Apocothary so much that I'm looking to buy some of it for my home. The room featured no bath, but a huge double shower with two rainwater shower heads!! They were awesome!

The minibar featured local wines which I also liked. However, do yourself a favour and drive down the road to purchase wines. Much cheaper that way.

The foyer/ reception area also has a gorgeous cafe.
You can arrange to have high tea there or just enjoy a nice treat. I had a toasted sandwich and a cup of tea there the next day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

After hubby and I checked in, we went back to the foyer and hired push bikes. These were around $15 each for an hour.
We enjoyed a leisurely ride around the property and then through the residential area of the property- quick nice! There were Kangaroos everywhere too!

That evening, we booked into the bar and grill for dinner. Hubby had a steak and I had the chicken. Seriously some of the nicest cooked food that we've had in a while. It was all done so nicely. Desert was a mango panacotta and choc mousse which were both delish!

The next morning my husband had booked in for a round of golf. I checked us out, left our bags at reception and went to relax by the pool. They gave me new towels and gladly stored our bags. When hubby was done we got our bags and were on our way.

Everything was easy. The staff are hospitable and the premises are well kept.

It is right across from bimbadgen winery, which is one of my favorites to enjoy tastings at. It's in a fantastic location.

We can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family recently had a two night stay in a Two-Bedroom Spa Villas at Chateau Elan.

Perfect family getaway and for travellers wanting to try the wine area of NSW on the way to somewhere else.

The Villa was 100% superb, with a full kitchen, lounge, separate dining room (with a nice fireplace in between very romantic & a fabulous mood maker) and a large patio area offering a view onto to the 10th fairway of the Vintage - a wonderfully challenging golf course that never dissapoints in any conditions.

Bedding and linen were top quality and service was excellent. Check in and out are clearly modelled on European 5 star and were efficient, quick and above all very friendly.

I booked my wife into the spa while the kids and I played golf, my wife rated the spa as the best she have ever seen, she told me that she could have stayed for days, pure luxury.......

My children loved the position on the golf course due to seeing some kangaroos each morning and night which we don't get to see living in a City.

Overall - Chateau Elan provides luxury service and accomodation at a great location on the Vintage. Its points of difference are probably the room size and high quality fitout , each of which are excellent.
Highly recommend

Room Tip: Any of the Villa's are perfectly located close the golf course, if with a family request ground...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our second stay at the Chateau Elan, once again the staff and facilities were well beyond any expectations.
This stay we were in a Spa Suite in the main building. The room was fantastic,the ergergonomic bed was a pleasant surprise. Being able to tilt the bed via remote control made it easy to watch tv and take in the sun rise coming througj our window.
The staff at check in were simply outstanding. There was never anything that was too much trouble, they are always willing to have a chat and really make you feel like your part of the family.
We attended the Casino royale New Years eve function. The seafood buffet was unbelievable and all the staff working once again mafe us feel part ofthe fafamily.

Do yourself a favour and make sure you stay at the Chateau Elan. We will be back for our anniversary in October!

• Stayed December 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed last night at the Chateau Elan as a bit of a treat for my birthday. We arrived just after check-in started and were greeted by a friendly girl who opened the car door for me and led the way to reception. The reception staff could not have been more helpful or polite, offering to make dinner reservations (we already had one), suggestions on wineries to visit, tour booking, bag carrying and maps.

We stayed in a spa villa which was clean, modern and quite large, with a kitchenette, dining area, lounge and big balcony. We didn't dine on site for dinner or breakfast so I can't comment on that side of the resort. We were very happy with everything about our stay, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - hopefully for longer.

1 Thank Makettle68
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First time to the Hunter Valley so thought we would treat ourselves with staying in a fantastic property. Driving through the property which consists of the massive golf course, golf club, private properties and coming closer to the car park we found that the sign posts were a little confusing and actually went the wrong way and had to park the car to find the main entrance to the hotel. Eventually found where we were going and thought that a valet would at least open the door and/or park car. On check in we were basically given the room key and the lady mumbled where to find the room, park the car and where the restaurant was located. We actually had to ask her again what she exactly said as it sounded like a recording to me. First impressions, not good! We booked a King Spa Suite in the main house and the room itself was really quite beautiful. Well laid out, nice size room with balcony overlooking the tennis courts, car park and swimming pool (not a good vista!). It was fairly noisy with kids in the pool and many people walking past towards the restaurants etc. Would have been much better on the other side of the main house. All rooms have a nice touch in that they are named after a city. Ours was 118 "New York". Nice touches in the room with various books on your City and paintings on the walls. The mini bar is well stocked and there is a great Nespresso machine in there. I have to say the bed was to die for. So luxurious - Ergomotion bed which moved the feet and head up and a built in massage function.

The Bar area itself was quite nice where you could just sit down and have a drink and watch the cricket. Quite a small area and I feel could be bigger.

Dined in Legends Grill the first night. Restaurant staff quite attentive and friendly. Interestingly, you don't get a dinner roll before you eat which I thought was odd. The meals themselves were pretty good, I had salmon with garlic mash for main which was stunning. Husband had T-Bone steak medium rare which was more on the rare side and very sinewy. That didn't go down very well.

The following evening we dined in our room and ended up with the wrong order delivered to us. How hard is it to stuff up fish and chips and a burger and chips. Instead we got fish and chips and a salad. Next thing you know room service was knocking at the door and said he would be back in 2 mins. Obviously delivered the wrong order to the wrong room.

Overall not impressed for the $$$$ at all and wouldn't bother going back. They really need to up their ante with customer service when people are paying good money to stay here.

3 Thank casula
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Recently spent 2 nights at Chateau Elan and without a doubt they are definitely a 5 star accommodation provider. We stayed in a villa which was equipped with not only the basics of a home away from home but also little extras like an over sized balcony and even a ultra modern fireplace. The beds are so soft and comfortable it ensured my my partner and I a good nights rest for the stay. The villa is exceptionally well kept and clean and could not find a single flaw within which obviously reflects the level of excellence with housekeeping.

Upon arrival we were greeted by 2 female staff members (My apologies for forgetting your names), one with uniform and one without which i presumed to be the duty manager at the time, who were extremely friendly, attentive but not intrusive which i find to be the best guest service a 5 star property can provide. We did arrive early and weren't able to check in as of yet, but they were very informative, showing my partner and I the best places and quickest ways to get around the area. Later on in the evening, we made a few bookings with Jessica in regards to wine tours and restaurants. She was absolutely wonderful as she even came around to our villa to assist us with the fireplace. The staff here are all valuable assets to the Chateau Elan as they all greeted us at each chance, regardless if it was housekeeping, front desk or food and beverage.

In regards to the food and beverage, breakfast offers a wide array of hot and cold choices with a neat little addition of a pancake maker. Dinner was equally as lovely as we were seated in the dining room which is encompassed by glass so we were able to watch the sun set while enjoying a delicious meal! Menu choices were simple yet elegant, portion sizes were perfect and the wine/cocktail list was very expansive. Service was quick and friendly.

There is not a single negative i can come up with as Chateau Elan ticks every box. I only hope to stay with you again as you set new heights for accommodation providers in the Hunter Valley. Thank you for making our stay such a memorable one. We will certainly be returning in future.

Room Tip: Go for the villas. Each of them are perfectly situated close to the main reception area and they hav...
1 Thank P26490
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothbury
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Chateau Elan Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!