“Couldn't Fault Chateau Elan”

Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rothbury
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My Fiance and I stayed for four nights in the king spa villa. From the moment we checked in we were treated to hospitality and luxury that we have seldom seem in other hotels. From our porter Aaron to the ladies at the Spa and the staff at the Legends Grill it seemed as though no one could do enough for us. Our room was lovely and comfortable and the bed truly was something to boast about.
We treated ourselves to a couples spa treatment and in one word it was divine! For those two hours we felt as though we were in heaven, and being treated to a fire and a glass of champagne upon completion just topped off the experience.
We also had dinner onsite at the Legends Grill, where the both my fiance and I had the steak which was cooked to perfection, despite asking for medium rare, which I find many places have trouble getting right. Although there was a loud and very rude group of locals dining during our meal the staff did all they could to make our experience enjoyable and apologised prefusely throughout the night.
The only gripe i do have was that breakfast cost us $56 per day for both of us, which despite the lovely buffet and large amount of food on offer i think was still very highly priced. We end up eating at cafes in the area for much less due to the cost on our last 2 days.
My fiance and I have already recommended the Chateau Elan to friends and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly staff wherever you go. At the Spa, Legends Grill, etc.
Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. I cannot say how much I enjoyed my stay..
Thankyou to Joe Spagnolo for taking care of us. Definitely will come back for a visit...LOVED IT!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmuTraveller
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Comfort, luxury and hospitality. This place is amazing for a lovely quiet weekend . The rooms had everything you need. The gas fire made it so cosy and the bed was like sleeping on a marshmallow.
The restaurant and staff gave exceptional service and the food was fantastic.
Just do it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Upon our arrival came a warm hello from the friendly porter Aaron, we then enjoyed 'wine down' in the lobby where you can sample the Hunter Valley's best wines with a cheese platter. As we were celebrating our wedding anniversary I surprised my husband to a couples massage in the Spa, Sarah and Nicole were amazing! They even have us a glass of bubbly each by the open fire place when we finished (very romantic). We had dinner at the onsite restaurant Legends Grill and I highly recommend the pork belly - cooked to perfection! We were then offered a lift back to our room where to our surprise a bottle of bubbly was waiting by the fire. Thank you so much to the amazing team at Chateau Élan for making our anniversary such a special night. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took my mother for a high tea on Mothers Day. My mother & I absolutely loved it. The views were stunning, the food, wine & service was of very high quality. I am planning on taking a group of girls back for a high tea & spa treatment day. Can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngellaW_13
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I married in the Hunter Valley Gardens in December 2012. The entire family stayed here for two nights. The restaurant, spa and hairdresser were excellent. Everyone was so kind and very accommodating. The rooms were fantastic! I am definitely returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great - I am going to stay in a spa suite next as they are themed. Kyoto here I c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My partner gave me two criteria to fulfil when I was searching for a few days away. The Chateau fulfilled these criteria and more. The rooms were large and spacious. We have stayed in a number of hotels around the world, and the Chateau is up with them. We had a great stay, great food, and views from the villa of the golf course and surrounds, out to the hills surrounding the valley. Watching the kangaroos roam around the place, and the wayward golfers, to enjoying the spa services, and the quality of the food, were all highlights of our stay. The staff were wonderful, from the front desk to the spa and the Golf club, nothing was a problem and everything was handled well.

The only issue/s for my lady and myself was there were a couple of days where the breakfast let them down. Issues with the supply of the various items on offer, and having them run out and people queuing to wait were not what you expect to see at an establishment with this stature, and the limited room service menu also let them down. When we pointed these things out to the staff, they took the information on board and stated that they would pass on our comments to their superiors. Even though the food is supplied by the Golf Club and not under their control.

All in all, it was a great week away, and I can't wait to return with my golf clubs, and my partner with a good book to read.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothbury
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Chateau Elan Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!