My Fiance and I stayed for four nights in the king spa villa. From the moment we checked in we were treated to hospitality and luxury that we have seldom seem in other hotels. From our porter Aaron to the ladies at the Spa and the staff at the Legends Grill it seemed as though no one could do enough for us. Our room was lovely and comfortable and the bed truly was something to boast about.
We treated ourselves to a couples spa treatment and in one word it was divine! For those two hours we felt as though we were in heaven, and being treated to a fire and a glass of champagne upon completion just topped off the experience.
We also had dinner onsite at the Legends Grill, where the both my fiance and I had the steak which was cooked to perfection, despite asking for medium rare, which I find many places have trouble getting right. Although there was a loud and very rude group of locals dining during our meal the staff did all they could to make our experience enjoyable and apologised prefusely throughout the night.
The only gripe i do have was that breakfast cost us $56 per day for both of us, which despite the lovely buffet and large amount of food on offer i think was still very highly priced. We end up eating at cafes in the area for much less due to the cost on our last 2 days.
My fiance and I have already recommended the Chateau Elan to friends and we will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Elan at The Vintage is Australia's finest golf and spa resort. Located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country, Chateau Elan offers luxury retreats for up to 200 guests.The Spa at Chateau Elan has 17 treatment rooms and a vast range of specialised treatments available. Guests can choose from 3 types of luxury accommodation - Spa Suites, One bed bedroom self-contained Villas and King Rooms. The hotel overlooks the fairways of the Greg Norman-designed course Vintage golf course. Chateau Elan is 2 hour drive north of Sydney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Elan Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury