Stayed with hubby, 3yr old and newborn baby last year. We had a two bedroom villa on the ground floor to share with a relative. Very unique set up.. One front door opens in to a mini hallway(common area) To two separate doors which lead into a single open planned room (which is humungously big) , and the other door opens to place more suited for families...kitchen, separate bedroom, dining area, breakfast area, tv area, and a fireplace. Both sides have access to 180deg views of the beautiful peaceful golf course which stretches for miles ahead of you.
There are other apartments directly above (two storey set up)...you dont have any other patrons' noise....at all! I requested a rollaway bed for my 3 yr old, and it was actually a king single sized bed..which would be comfy for any additional adult if required.
Minibar was the only confusion that occured as they take inventory daily but didnt stock up daily for some reason, so we had to ensure we weren't charged twice for the single item that was missing.
All in all, the lovely ladies who made the beds everyday were wonderful... Gave it a personal touch to the place. The restaurant on the premesis is lacking in atmosphere somewhat.... Especially at the breakfast buffet section... I felt like it was more set up for a conference. But dinner was fine... As they only use one particular section of the restaurant for that time...
Only one more gripe... It was a pity that you have to park your car so far from the front door...its not easy moving heavy luggage with screaming kids in the rain... Which is exactly what we experienced. Make sure you have wheels on your luggage bags if its particularly large.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Elan at The Vintage is Australia's finest golf and spa resort. Located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country, Chateau Elan offers luxury retreats for up to 200 guests.The Spa at Chateau Elan has 17 treatment rooms and a vast range of specialised treatments available. Guests can choose from 3 types of luxury accommodation - Spa Suites, One bed bedroom self-contained Villas and King Rooms. The hotel overlooks the fairways of the Greg Norman-designed course Vintage golf course. Chateau Elan is 2 hour drive north of Sydney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Elan Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury