“Wonderful Hunter Experience!”

Ogishi Craft Centre
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Rothbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Ogishi Craft Centre is a Work of ArtOgishi Art Glass + Ogishi Art Chocolate+Glass Jewellery + Textile + Ceramics + PaintingGlassblowing lessons + Accommodation
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This Ogishi experience was a lovely mother and daughter day out for us. We were delighted with the end results with two completely different master pieces. We were really impressed and delighted with the enthusiasm of Yutaka and Setsuko, it was as if we were there first students and they were out to impress us with this new skill. There was a lot more to this artistic skill than we first thought, but they walked us through each step prior to the excitement of the real thing. It was a lovely way to spend the morning in the Hunter Valley, and learn something new, and have a little hand made treasure to take home with us! Thank you for our wonderful Hunter experience!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I received the glassblowing lesson for my Birthday, I booked my lesson over the phone and came up to the Hunter Valley for the weekend. My boyfriend and I visited Ogishi Craft Centre on December 15th 2012.
Yutaka and Setsuko are really what makes this experience. They are so entertaining and passionate, and help you the whole way through the glassblowing process. We could not stop laughing and smiling the whole time.
You do not have to worry about having any experience glassblowing because they help you the whole way through the process. The best part is that you get to keep your glasswork at the end of the lesson. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of the lesson and this amazing experience.
When you go into Setsuko's gallery at the end the lesson you finally understand and appreciate the level of concentration, skill and physical challenge each of her works entail.
You have to wait for the glassworks to cool over 24 hours (as they are still very hot at the end of the glassblowing process), which is a great excuse to go wine tasting in the Hunter Valley.
Arigato gozaimasu!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This experience was worth every dollar!

I was surprised at the skill and work involved and how expensive it is to run the kilns.

Setsuko and Yukata really made the experience come to life, they were so animated and passionate about what they do, and they translated that to us by showing us their craft.

the 2 pieces which we made with a great deal of help from our teachers were amazing souviners to take home!

I absolutely loved the experience, and appreciate Setsuko and Yukata's patience and kindness to us (as we forgot our shoes and sunglasses!!!!!)

All in all, an experience i would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My partner and I visited the Ogishi Craft Centre in November 2012 and are so pleased we went. Setsuko and Yutaka were wonderful as they took both of us patiently through the process of glass-blowing and then guiding us carefully when we were making our little pieces. They came out wonky but they were beautiful because they were ours.

Obviously we don't have the years of experience of Setsuko and Yutaka but we were happy participants in shaping and blowing our pieces. When you see the amazing hand crafted glass in their gallery you know you are in the presence of real artisans who are generous with their time and skills. I had to buy a little something in addition to the glassware we made not even an hour before.

Our two little wonky vases have pride of place at home and our glass blowing experience was a real highlight of our visit to the Hunter Valley. I strongly recommend the glass blowing session and a visit to the gallery. Don't forget to try some of the delicious chocolate biscuits as well!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Surprised my wife with a glassblowing workshop at the Ogishi Gallery. Setsuko and Yutaka were fantastic in their delivery of the experience. At the end of the session we had 2 beautiful pieces of glassware to show for our efforts. At the conclusion of the session both Setsuko and Yutaka sat down with us and shared a coffee, chocolates and conversation. A great opportunity and experience for anyone travelling in the Hunter Valley.