“Something different and absolutely wonderful to experience”

Ogishi Craft Centre
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Rothbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Ogishi Craft Centre is a Work of ArtOgishi Art Glass + Ogishi Art Chocolate+Glass Jewellery + Textile + Ceramics + PaintingGlassblowing lessons + Accommodation
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a great time at Ogishi Craft Centre. I purchased this as an "experience gift" for my partner - it was something I thought would be a little out of the square to do and "learn", with our creations to show at the end.
Which while they may not be the masterpieces that Setsuko and Yutaka create, they are pretty good for first timers - thankfully you are guided the whole way through your session so you do end up with something amazing, very much looking forward to showing our skills off to family and friends when they come over.
Setsuko and Yutaka have such a passion for this, that from the time you start you feel comfortable and as enthusiastic as they are while they explain what and how to do, by the time we left we felt very welcomed into their space.
I would highly recommend giving Ogishi Craft Centre a visit and plan a glass blowing lesson. Brilliant.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I guess a good measure of what a great time we had is that we didn't stop talking about the glass blowing all the way home, and then next day, and the next......... Being carefeuly and safely guided by Setsuko and Yutaka, we made our wonderful master pieces. Well to us they are master pieces. I must admit i had no idea just how intricate and skillful this process was. All in all i cant recommentd this experience enough. It was fun, its was interesting, but most of all is was delivered by a couple who obviously enjoy seeing up enjoy ourselves. Gold Star to Ogiishi Craft Centre, i have told all our friends and colleagues.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Last weekend I did the workshop glass blowing with a friend. It was a great experience! From the moment you walk in the workshop you can feel the passion and love for glass. Setsuko and Yutaka are determined to give you a great experience. They explain every detail in the making of glass, which is great and makes you respect the art of glassblowing even more. After the explanation and practice it is time for the real work! This means concentrating and going through all the steps. Setsuko and Yutaka accompany you with every step, so you don't have to worry you end up with nothing ;-) It is surprising and great to see the result of your own creation! I really recommend the workshop, it is something different and a lot of fun. Would love to do it again!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I purchased this glass blowing experience for my fiance's birthday. It was a fantastic experience for both him and for me, the observer. Setsuko and Yutaka were such enthusiastic and wonderful teachers. They provided excellent guidance through the whole process, ensuring we were both confident with the steps involved. Even though I wasn't participating in the glass blowing itself, Setsuko and Yutaka ensured I was involved and included in the experience. We not only learnt so much about the art of glass blowing but also had such a good time, sharing many laughs along the way, mostly due to the enthusiasm of our instructors. Would definitely recommend this experience to friends and family.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to learn how to blow glass.What an incredible opportunity. Under the guidance of Setsuko and Yutaka, we learnt about each step in making a piece of art glass. After this experience we have so much more respect for the skill and commitment and passion that these two artists apply to their art.The lesson instruction is thorough,well explained,well structured and delivered with patience and with the understanding that we are novices in this artform.Next day we were speechless at the results of our lesson;although not comparable to that of our master teachers, the bowl and plate are remarkable pieces of art glass,well to us at least and to those we show and boast to about our lesson.The pieces serve to remind us of a fantastic lesson we had with two wonderful artists whose love for their art is obvious when they share not only their time but their knowledge to those willing to experience this opportunity.The Hunter should not only be known for Wine, but for Glass as well.A visit to Ogishi Studio is a must.A lesson in glass blowing must not be missed.Christine and Wayne