“Wonderful stay!”

NRMA Myall Shores Holiday Park
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed in a garden villa with our three small children. We had a wonderful stay. We had a Joey right on our door step one morning. The kids were thrilled! We also saw a kolola in one of the trees near our room. The room was comfortable and tidy. The restaurant was not value for money. Would recommend taking all your own food. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
There are newer reviews for NRMA Myall Shores Holiday Park

Reviewed September 14, 2011

My partner & I stayed here for 3 nights on the camping grounds. It is a nice location but everything seemed so far away for us as we had to cook on the BBQ's they were a good 5 minute walk as there were no BBQ's near the Camping ground at all with that the BBQ were also very average as they took at least 20 minutes to heat up and actually cook your meal.. and the reception took even longer to walk to as everything is up there to do such as Kayaking which was unavailable, Bike riding which the Bikes need some Maintenance. If they are going to offer these activities they should make sure they are up to scratch. I don't think they take the camper into consideration at this resort as of the reasons I mentioned above..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trent S
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I purchased one of those scoupon deals which gave 2 nights + 2hours bike hire and 2 hours kayaking coupons.
No Kayaking or any water activities were available for any guests for the whole weekend. The Reason given was that the lifeguard's only boat to use was being repaired.
In consilation all guest were given a Voucher for High Tea.
High Tea consisted 1 small plain croisant, whipped cream out of a can, jam and either a coffee,hot chocolate, black tea or chamamile tea.
Biking was out of the question you had to book way in advance. in total they stored 11 Kmart bikes complete with hard to change gears and flat tires.
I went to speak to the Manager "Anne" at the front desk with my friends and she spoke to us in an abnoxious rude manner. Her attitude is the worst I have ever recieved from any hotel staff ever.
The water out of the tap was brown. they said it was safe to drink but I felt uncomfortable even showering in it.
Fishing rod's were available for free hire however they were very old, and no tackle provided... just some hooks and line. All equipment also had to be returned by 6pm sharp.
I can understand now why these places need do scoupon deals to get guests. Once you go there you never go back. I sure wont ever be returning.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank p k
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights (2 Scoupons) & were upgraded to a Lake Front Villa (27) very tastefully furnished with a King size bed in each bedroom. Aircon. in sitting room & both bedrooms but the vanes on sitting room aircon.would not open when turned on, so we had to open these manually, cook top a nightmare only knows highest heat setting & won't adjust to low. Microwave would rotate but not heat, useless. Exhaust fan in main bathroom not working. Tap water very brown, info in room says OK to drink but we brought our own. I feel that instructions for Microwave should be left in room as we could not heat meals up in it & cook top only had furnace temperature. Foxtel only on Thursday/Friday disappeared Sunday/Monday?? Staff very friendly, always a smile, breakfast nice. Pool needs cleaning, I know it was too cold for swimming but a dirty pool is not nice to look at. I would stay again as it is very nice relaxing on your deck, but would check when booking if all these issues have been fixed.

Room Tip: Lakefront & some of the Lakeview Villas are better than the Spa Villa for views of lake.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buffie46
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here during Mid June 2011. I had purchased this via a 'Scoopon' deal. We stayed here for three days, two nights. When they say it is a nature resort it really is! We were surrounded by trees and it was very close to the water edge. Stunning scenery. The view of the lake was beautiful. Apparently they said that there would be quite a bit of fauna around cuz it was so close to the national park but lucky for me I didn't bump into any. We stayed at a lake view villa at no19. Apparently this was one of the better cabins which I would agree. It was clean, comfortable and quite modern. It wasn't too close to the other villas which I liked for spending quality time alone with a partner. Kitchen facilities were provided, the microwave converts to a convection oven. There was a TV with a DVD player. Blankets, towels were provided. The tap water was bore water even though it was drinkable, we brought our own supply of water to drink. There was plenty of space for the two of us. Two bedrooms (one queen size bed, the other king size bed), sliding wardrobes, each had their own toilet. One had a bathtub. The main room was the living/kitchen/dining room. The sofa folded up into a sofa bed. No laundry facilities in the room but I think there was a communal one. The receptionist was always friendly and nice. In the reception area, there was a mini grocery store selling your general corner shop staples. You were allowed to hire DVDs, board games and Wii for free.

We were given vouchers for a hot breakfast. I was okay with the breakfast while my partner thought it could've been better. It was toast, sausages, bacon and eggs - tasting alright. Other people seemed to have cereals, yoghurt and some pastries. This breakfast area also was the area served for dinner. We did not choose to have dinner at the restaurant so I can't comment on it.

Unfortunately the weather was not that good as it was cold, rainy and windy so we could not do the water activities. We did however use the bike hire which was good however after a while, there was not really anywhere to go/see. There was a small-medium pool.

I think the resort is great for an escape to spend time with a partner rather than families as there is not many activities or attractions to see (unless you opt to go on a ferry and travel elsewhere in the area). I loved the late checkout of 1-2pm.
Overall I thought it was a good resort and I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for room No. 19
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Therese D
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We asked several times for the toilets in the camping area and near the conference centre to be cleaned - they remained filthy for 5 days, Disgraceful!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JagaB99
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here the weekend after the June 2011 long weekend where it had been flooding and raining for days on end so unfortunately the lake was closed for any water sport activities. The rain had settled on the inside of the resort and near the reception area was starting to smell like a bad drain but there isn't much the owners could do about this.

The room was clean. We had four adults and didn't feel cramped at all. Word of warning if you plan to cook, bring at least one decent knife and a pan as the ones supplied do make it rather difficult to make a decent meal (but this is to be expected in a kitchen that isn't your own). The kitchen had the usual utensils required and a large fridge suitable for all our food and drinks. The room also had a DVD player and TV with some foxtel stations playing.

Breakfast was included in our deal, but i wouldn't have paid $16 for it. The food was well prepared and what you would expect at a 3 start hotel. We had cocktails both nights and these were relatively cheap and well made ($10 to $12). The bikes provided for free hire were also good. The bar staff were fantastic, extremely friendly and went out their way service wise.

The only exception to an otherwise enjoyable stay was the chef in the kitchen at breakfast time (who when I mentioned my complaint to reception, I discovered was the General Manager) was quite possibly the rudest and most condescending person I have seen in the food and beverage industry. She was EXTREMELY rude and short to customers, had an incredibly nasty tone to her voice and treated her staff like they were there to serve her. She really needs an attitude adjustment because she doesn't do the resort any favours.

Also becuase of the floods we had to go via a dirt road to get to the resort which isn't sealed and filled with rocks because the ferry wasn't working. Be careful when driving along here. Overall, you can tell they are in the process of improving the place and I give them credit for that.

Room Tip: We had cabin 72 which was right at the end of the resort away from all the other guests.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Shoal Bay
Blueys Retreat
Blueys Retreat
#1 of 3 in Blueys Beach

Been to NRMA Myall Shores Holiday Park? Share your experiences!