“Camping at Treachery Camp”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myall Lakes National Park
Treachery Camp Seal Rocks
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My partner took me camping for my birthday at Treachery Camp, Seal Rocks. It was beautiful. We camped almost on the beach. We had our own private access.
The only thing that was a shame was all the dead birds lying on the beach as in the spring time the birds migrate to Australia & many die of exhaustion on the sand once they make it here. This is a result of nature though.
Make sure you bring 20 cent coins for the showers as well as firewood as it can be expensive. The BBQs cost money to use but we had our gas stove which was perfect for everything.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargaretP892

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After our 7th visit back here to treachery we were pleased to discover that the new caretakers have made a considerable effort to improve the cleanliness and upkeep of the bathrooms which had been steadily declining.
The staff are always welcoming and friendly and Jon and Scott are fabulous. Tims on Treach- the cafe - makes THE BEST banana milkshakes in NSW!
Our biggest complaint would be the numerous groups of teenagers that were allowed in over these September school holidays. The 10.30pm curfew was not enforced and we had to put up with 3 large and noisy groups over the 3 nights we stayed. Admittedly, two of the three groups were thrown out but only after they had thoroughly disturbed everyone. As this place is widely known as a very family friendly place, management need to consider whether they continue to let these large groups of teenagers because they ruin it for everybody.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Steph M
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Really lovely campsite with beautiful surroundings. The staff were very friendly and we had a lovely stay camping. A bit annoying that you have to pay to use the bbq in the kitchen and the showers. It isn't much but the bbq didn't work and I had never experienced this at any other camp site.

Apart from that it was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Krisitina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night in a cabin. The cabin was relatively clean and very spacious. Standard whiteware is included but linen was not provided. In the area there are many different types of birdlife and the isolation makes for an incredible view of the stars. A very peaceful place to relax and unwind. There is a very small shop nearby which sells essentials but I suggest you bring everything you need as the drive to the closest town takes a while. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

On the negative side the showers were coin operated and in a very rustic looking shower block, as were the toilets. Also the room was quite smelly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Adrian S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I made a mistake on the booking, and although they could not accommodate us when we arrived, they were very kind, refunding the booking fee in whole and suggesting last-minute alternatives.

We went back the following day just for the surroundings, which are beautiful.

Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great campsite in a picturesque location. Even at Xmas/ New Year the place wasn't crowded.
There's a lot of room for kids to run off - or for those wanting to find a quiet corner to have to yourself.
Campfires are allowed at night - assuming there's no fire bans.
The beach is just over the dunes - or there are 2 alternatives within 1 kilometre.
You'll need to be prepared - there's a basic shop in Seal Rocks but that's all. The closet supermarket is an 80 Km round trip.
But that's while you'll like it here - lovely beaches, hinterland and a pleasant place to camp.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Matt W
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been coming to Seal Rocks all my life from when I was a teenager to now. Initially I was camping on the beach at Sugarloaf Bay. Paid a Ranger a small fee when they came by in the morning. Then progressed to the general camping area at Seal Rocks. Once I discovered Treachery Head camping area I never looked back and have been coming here ever since. I don't want the community campsite with enclosed communal cooking areas, clipped lawns and no running signs. I like it a little rusty where I can buy a bag of wood and setup my own campfire (excluding the occasional fire bans) next to our tent and small campsite. Camping on the grass down amongst the paperbark gums is great. The beach is a short walk away over a sand dune. Wildlife aplenty although I personally would not encourage dingo's to roam about unchecked (last week was the first time I had seen them at the camp). We spotted a large lizard wandering from site to site looking for leftovers. Plenty of birds. I woke up in the morning to at least 13 different bird calls as I lay there listening. Including the Eastern Whipbird and its distinctive call. Tough to spot in the trees though. No, I'm not usually into birds.
I have to say though that this time the toilet and shower amenities appeared somewhat rundown. Dropping 20 cents into the box to operate 3 minutes of warm water with a sharp spray and good pressure has always been the norm at Treachery head camping area. Free outdoor showers for the beach goers is also available. The toilet/shower block looked like it could do with a bit of an overhaul though. Small things like broken hooks in the show stalls, working locks on the toilet stalls, whilst not a deal breaker, are an inconvenience and easily avoidable with a cycle of minor repairs.
All in all we had a great time and bugged out when the holiday XMAS season crowd started to arrive with their kids, huge 4wd and campervans.

Room Tip: As a general rule and not specific to this camping area, avoid putting up your tent under trees. Do...