“I expected more...”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The place was good, low light, rustic. The food was ok, but not so tasty. Everything was fine, but did not surprised me. And considering the price, I thought it was not worth it.

There are newer reviews for Beijupira

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went here for dinner with my wife on our honeymoon. It was great! As another traveler mentions it's off the beaten track so you will need to either take a taxi or ask for directions a few times. Once you're there, it's totally worth it. You feel like you are over eating dinner on your friend's back patio. The food is really fresh and good. We had two great fish dishes...one with a mango sauce and one covered in finely chopped cashew nuts. Both were out of this world! Such fresh fish and huge portion size. We couldn't finish the food. Had some good drinks here. Overall, the place was on the mid to high price side but we thought the value was good (especially as compared to dinner at one of the fancy hotels).

Only thing we didn't love was our appetizer of melted cheese covered in diced tomatoes and olive oil. Tasted good but the consistency is rubbery. We found that this rubbery cheese is used widely in the island so may be unavoidable le but I would steer clear of this dish .

Great place! Would gladly go back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant takes a bit of hunting down since it is off the beaten track, set away from the village in a residential part of the island, but it is not to be missed for both the cuisine and the ambiance. Even though I was on my own, and there was not another patron in the establishment, the waitstaff made me feel right at home. My fish was done to perfection, and the presentation was thoroughly professional. And while this is a pousada, the dinner service is divine, and one can stroll through the gardens while dinner is being prepared, down towards the beach for a fantastic view of Morro de Pico at sunset. This is a dinner I will long remember in a setting that was literally picture perfect!

1  Thank twintx
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Well the food was good, really good. But the atmosphere...unique, truly unforgettable. Perfect place to take your love ones.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Although it is a little pricey, It has a great romantic enviroment. A small restaurant with just a few tables overlooking the garden. A perfect place to go with someone you love or ask your girfriend to marry you.
The waiters are very nice and the food is excellent.