“Pizza Variety at a Reasonable Price!”
Review of Pitanga

Pitanga
Ranked #20 of 202 Restaurants in Arraial d'Ajuda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2018

If you are looking for a pizza place with a wide variety of pizza types this is the place for you!!! Ate at the restaurant several times during a recent vacation, and greatly enjoyed both trips. Waiter recommended several types of pizzas that I had not tried before that were outstanding, and the more "basic" calabresa and Four Cheese pizzas were much better than I had at other places. I really enjoyed the experience and the helpfulness of the team and the crust on all pizzas was perfectly made and separates this restaurant from others!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

It was an amazing experience to eat a pizza in such place. You can follow all the cooking process while enjoy a nice glass of wine. The variety of flavours is another positive point of Pitanga. I recommend such place for everyone who love a good pizza. It's located in Beco das Cores which is a place who make us feel in a different era.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Some TA reviews had said this is the best pizza in Arraial d’juda. It is not. It is some of the worst pizza I have ever eaten. The menu first of all was limited entirely to pizza, which for some people may be ok, but usually I like a choice of salads to accompany my pizza. This was the first issue. We chose a grande pizza to share, and one baby pizza as there were 3 of us. After ordering we were excited to eat, especially after seeing the proper wood fired pizza oven. The second issue arose when we were informed there were no shiitake mushrooms for the prosciutto (more on that later) and fungi pizza. Sure. No problem. Normal mushrooms are fine. Surprisingly the pizzas arrived 5
Minutes after ordering and did not look appetising. The ‘prosciutto’ was actually wafer thin ham, the ‘olives’ consisted of 4 shrivelled olives in total, and the pizzas were undercooked, flopping off the spatula, whilst the crusts were virtually burnt. There was an overwhelming lack of herbs and seasoning on both pizzas,
meaning a complete lack of flavour. What was there in an abundance was garlic, masking all other tastes and stinking out your mouth in the process. I’ve had better pizzas from the supermarket. For a 5th of the price. Needless to say we didn’t leave a tip and were left with strong garlicky taste in our mouths. On a side note, one of the waiters / chefs seemed to have a real issue with body odour. Perhaps he needs some garlic to mask that.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

This is the best pizza place in Arraial. We have been coming here for the past 10 years for vacation and never stop coming back. It's a brick oven pizza with very thin dough. A wide selection of flavors and all of them are excellent. Enjoy! Pizza do Rafa is my second best pizza here.

Essa é a melhor melhor pizza de Arraial D'Ajuda. É feita no forno a lenha com massa fina e crocante. Tem uma variedade grande de sabores e todos são excelentes. Nós vimos aqui nos últimos 10 anos e nunca nos cansamos... aproveite! Pizza do Rafa é a segunda melhor pizza daqui.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

The pizza is simply amazing!!!!! Very tiny w/ high quality ingredients. The options go beyond the usual, mixing some flavors w/ creativity. The owner is around guaranteeing a very good service. You shoul also try one of the red fruits caipisake. My friend told that is delicious. I got a bubble wine, rose. Perfect, also. I could definitely repeat the restaurant if I had time.

Date of visit: December 2015