“Great golf in OBX”

142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Great golf in OBX”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a perfect way to spend a day away from the beach. Kilmarlic is a beautiful course. You definitely have to manage the shots between sand bunkers, some water and natural hazards. But it will leave for an enjoyable round. Great staff, nice clubhouse. The hot dogs were the best, so i have to believe the same for the rest of the options. I can't wait to come back again.

1 Thank Ellis_NC_IL

Bloomsburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice course, very tough”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We golfed at Kilmarlic as a foursome during our vacation. It was a Tuesday morning and was still pretty busy. It was about a 5 hour round, which we weren't too unpleased with. Rangers were out on the course the entire time. The course was in good shape (mid-June) and was definitely tough. There are some pretty cool holes on the course as well. The lemonade they serve is amazing!!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank wvualum
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent couples lessons”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I recently enjoyed three afternoons of couples lessons at Kilmarlic. I simply sent an email requesting a customized program for us and a quick response was received by Guy Thompson, the golf pro. He suggested a great program with a perfect balance of time at the practice range/putting greeens and on the beautiful course. I have to admit that as a newbie golfer I was somewhat reluctant but our mini golf vacation was part of a 50th birthday gift for my husband who is very keen to get me into the sport so we can play together. Guy provided a totally positive and (for me) fun first exposure to the game! What he managed to pack into three afternoons exceeded our expectations. The cost was more than reasonable and included rental clubs and carts. Guy has a wonderful teaching manner – professional, knowledgeable, immensely patient, kind, uncomplicated, respectful, and utterly pleasant. It made for a very comfortable and enjoyable learning environment. Although my husband is not a beginner, he left with a number of valuable pointers and equally enjoyed the lessons. Whether you are a seasoned golfer or a beginner like me, I highly recommend the instruction available at Kilmarlic.

1 Thank kathleenjoy
Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Golf”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Played on a day when winds weren't blowing hard made for a delightful round. You will be rewarded with accurate shots. The greens were excellent; smooth and putted true. The one downer was that the key they gave us to unlock the restrooms on the course didn't work. This made for a rather uncomfortable back nine. I hope they get a locksmith to check things out.

1 Thank TennesseeEZTraveler
Corolla
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bring your Bug Spray and a Designated Driver”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My friends and I have played this course every year for the past 8 years. We bring a crew of 8-16 in the Spring and Fall, and I play the course multiple times in between since I am a business owner in Currituck County. This "was" our favorite course. This past Saturday, April 21st, our group of 8 played two rounds of golf. In between the rounds we had a great lunch in the Club House Restaurant, 215 West Side. Great Food and great service, no problem there. My partner asked the guy in the pro shop how did we look on tee times, and he said we could go out any time; all looked good. So, we took our time eating our lunch. After lunch, the first group teed off at 2:05 and the second group teed off at 2:30. At no time did a course Marshall come around to tell us we were behind pace like most courses we play. We had a great round of golf and because we were leaving out on Sunday to return home, we limited our beer/alcohol consumption. My foursome finished first, and the second group was straggling a bit. They were teeing off of 16, the time was about 6:30 - 7:00 at this point. After my group finished up at 18 we decided to ride back to see where the second group was and to cheer them in to 18. At that time to gentlemen from the Club House got on a cart and drove and sat at the tee box on 17 with arms folded, but never said anything to us. When the second group got to the tee box at 18, the two gentlemen drove their cart back to 18 and parked it on the big sand bunker behind 18 with arms folded. When the second group teed off, my group rode back to 18. We walked up to the guy in the cart and tried to strike up a friendly conversation, and we were totally disregarded. He did not even acknowledge us; he just stared straight ahead. He then said to us, that he called in our license plates to the NC State Troopers and that we had better have a designated driver, because his son is a State Trooper and we were going to get pulled over. The guy was extremely rude and impolite to us. At that point his phone rang and we overheard him tell someone on the phone that we were getting ready to leave. A few of us had a few beers, but none us were in any way drunk or appeared incoherent. Nor were we in any way disrespectful to the course or the two gentlemen. Like I said, this is our favorite course when we visit the OBX. Because a few of us did have a few beers, and we were threatened that we would be pulled over once we got out on 158, the one guy who did not drink at all that day ended up driving 6 of us back to our house while 2 guys sat with one vehicle in the club house parking lot; for fear it would get towed. Based on the attitudes of the gentlemen their at the Club House, we had no idea what they would do next. When we got back to the house we had a taxi driver take the one guy back to the club house to drive the last two guys and all of our golf gear back to the house. We strongly think that this could have been handled in a different manner. We spent nearly $1200 that day and to be treated this way was totally out of line. We will never recommend anyone else to play this course, and I have a lot of customers who come in to my place of business in Currituck County and ask for good golf courses to play. I have always sent them to your club, but no more. Thanks Kilmarlic for ruining what started out to be a great a great golf trip, but ended up not!

14 Thank Craig B