“Please come if you want to feel like a loser at the end of the night.”

Resorts World Casino
Ranked #103 of 239 things to do in Queens
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Please come if you want to feel like a loser at the end of the night.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been visiting resorts since it opened up last year OCT 2011 all i do there is lose my hard earned money, At first i won a few thousands. My very close family members have also won on Wheel of furtune but now all we do is lose,lose, lose.. We stil continue to go weekly till this day with no luck.
The food is alright, i haven't tried the buffet yet but the food court has popeyes which i love,
In order to get coupons on food or on free plays you need to be Asian. Asians tend to have all these coupons which isn't fair to the others.This truly is a sad place ..., you actually see the sad, desperate faces. I've seen people cry, bang machines out of anger and even beg for rides home. Not trying to sound mean or anything but you see the same "fools" over and over again just wasting their money, saldly i'm one of those fools..

Not scared of anyone here, maybe because i don't live to far from here, Just use your head and don't show them you're afraid i guess
If you come with $100, your money will be gone in less then 45 Mins (playing penny slot machines,imagine playing $1-$10 machines)
$200-400, your money will be gone in 2 hrs. I would say take your $$ and entertain yourself in another way.
Really just do AC or Las Vegas, you will not win any type of $$$$$$$$$$ here. Thumbs down, and shame on you. Trust me in another few years Queens,NY is going to look exactly like Atlantic city... Nothing but poor bums walking around.

11 Thank SamanthaJones J

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A great stop-by to enjoy some games and good entertainment”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited this casino for the second time on a Thursday night. It was my first choice because it's close to home, has dining and casino games, and they sent me a $5 free play voucher for my birthday.

Rather than eat at Popeye's, my husband and I decided to try the buffet. We'd heard a few good things about it but wanted to experience it for ourselves. The service was pleasant enough, however the food was fair at best. Not terrible...just off. I found the stuffed flounder fishy. The pizza was the kind you might be served in a school cafeteria -- very underwhelming. I grabbed a meat roll but on further inspection of the meat, chose not to eat it. The teriyaki salmon, casino clams, chicken marsala, and the vanilla and bread pudding were all okay. With all that being said, I will definitely go back to Popeye's if I eat at Resorts World again. The buffet was not worth the $28/pp we paid.

After eating, we scouted for slot machines on the 1st and 2nd floors and ended up having a good time at the U-Spin slot machine. If you frequent Las Vegas casinos, you will need to adjust your expectations in a major way. There are no (true) table games, no dealers, no free drinks, no hotel rooms, no lucrative player card promotions, no coupons and not a good variety of the classic slot machines. All games are electronic. Given that, I don't put a lot into the machine -- no more than $20.

On the other hand, the entire place is clean and smoke-free and each time I've come, the musical entertainment has been really good. The atmosphere is positive and commotion-free. Also, there's security presence at the entrances which I appreciate given the location.

I can just come here to grab a bite to eat and hear the bands and have a good time. Parking is good and it's accessible via subway, but be prepared to either wait for the Resorts World shuttle or walk a long distance to the place just in case.

1 Thank Escalade5
Little Ferry, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nothing like a Resort type casino in my opinion....”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited this casino on a Saturday afternoon as it was a fairly short drive from where I visiting family in Long Island. I've read articles that this place is the highest grossing casino in the U.S., trumping the amount of money made in casinos in Las Vegas and Atlantic City. The facility itself is clean, modern, and loaded with slots, table games, and dining options. However, the casino itself is located in a seedy part of Queens right next to the Aqueduct racetrack. As a result, I decided to valet the car for $10 rather than use the Self Park and take my chances in the unfamiliar neighborhood. The place was absolutely packed with mostly neighborhood locals and it was next to impossible to find any of my favorite slot machines or video poker games open to play without having to wait for some time. This is probably why it is the highest grossing casino. In addition, all of the tradition table games that typically have a live dealer such as Roulette and Craps were all electronic( ie. Roulette Revolution, etc...). Although they can probably get more players on these games, there is some charm to playing at a table games with a live dealer, stacks of casino chips in front of you, the interaction with other players at the table, the cheering and high fives when you hit your number, you get the idea......
Overall, it's a fine place to go to if you have the gambling itch. Just be mindful of the neighborhood and use common sense.

1 Thank CarmineNJ
Long island, NY
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good fun, easy drive, nice machines!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

There are a TON of penny machines around, just watch for the minimum and maximum bets.. and what's required to win!
Overall, it's a nice place, very well kept, a good selection of food choices, and a beautiful bar. I had a good experience each time I went...which was on the weekend days.
No experience yet of what happens during the week, so read all the reviews for a better idea.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Esoterica10
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“More of a giant arcade than a casino”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Pros: The place is clean, the presentation is nice, the customer service is decent.

The Cons: Since Resorts World Casino is owned and operated by the New York Lottery, hence NY State, the fair gaming system (used in Vegas) does not apply. I play craps and am usually very good at it; however, this place will nail you because you're not playing at table with real people rolling real dice, you're playing against an automated dice roll system where the software is designed to make the house have triple the advantage. If you play, make sure there are at least 5 other people playing the same game. One night I became very suspicious of the game and conducted an experiment, when everyone left the table for the night, every bet I made, the dice ALWAYS rolled the opposite, and after about 10 different bets that I would normally make at a full table I discovered the software was so rigged that I took my losses and left. ANY REAL professional gambler would tell you to be very cautious when playing at these tables or to not play at all. To get a clearer idea of what I am talking about, there are three large tables where each seat has a computer touch screen that displays the layout of a craps table. In the center of the table are three large dice, two are white for CRAPS players and the third (a black dice) is for SicBo. CAUTION! These dice rolls are not random. I was at one table where I could see the come out rolls at the table twenty feet away and the dice rolls were the exact same as the one I was at. It's no secret and it's not a conspiracy that each machine and dice contain magnetic devices because how else would two completely different tables have the EXACT dice roll every time? It's common sense. The table twenty sitting twenty feet or so away has been removed - I think because people finally started to realize that the dice rolls weren't so random after all. So where am I getting at? It's just disappointing that NY has just found another way to scam it's people. If you're going to play here, don't get too excited, eventually this place will bleed you dry. If you don't believe me, read other reviews on other sites about this "casino".

13 Thank Zed120