“A terrific park to relax and play, never too crowded!”

Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
New York Contrasts Tour: Brooklyn, Queens and the...
Ranked #10 of 236 things to do in Queens
More attraction details
Owner description: A great NYC park for people-watching, this was the site of previous World Fairs and offers visitors bicycle paths, the Queens Wildlife Conservation Center, a carousel, freshwater fishing, indoor ice-skating rink and marina.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The World's Fair relics are easy to spot from the highway and they are very cool and interesting. The Unisphere is gigantic and has fountains you can frolic in when the weather is hot. Lots of families and children, a skate park and a museum too! I never had a problem parking (free!) and it's never been over-crowded, even when the U.S. Open is happening. It's a great place to hang out, clean and safe.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"model"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited here back in 2012. We had read about World Fair and I wanted to visit this place and see what was left from the fair in 1964. Easy to access by subway and a perfect one hour walk makes it possible to see the whole thing

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went for one reasons only: to see the leftover bits from the 1964 NY World's Fair. Going to that fair was my first plane ride and my first visit to New York. I had only nostalgia to draw me and am glad that I went. I discovered the park as a result of seeing the "ruins." The park is a bit down at the heels except around the U.S. Open Tennis complex. It was fun to try to recreate in my mind all I had experienced. Youtube helped with that after the fact. If you are a tennis fan, go. If you attended the World's Fair, go. It was sad seeing it neglected but then I live in Detroit so am used to that and worse.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is another people's park that has great open space - ideal for biking, jogging, playing soccer, baseball and all other sports!! Old and young alike will have a good time at this park. The place is also a respite from the busy, noisy and crowded city of New York.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to swimming with my 3 years old on Friday. We went to change clothes and then elderly group came to change their clothes. My 3 years old is tiny but she is well manner. Politely she said " excuse me" to all elderly that want to change their clothes to give her little bit space so she can sit. Three times she did that but no respond from those grandmother. But one of them manage to give a " good example" of how well manner their are. She said " you can said excuse me hundred time until your mouth dry but we are all line up like sardines here. As a parent, we teach our kid to have a good manner. But that lady as a person that may be with a grandchild, what kind of attitude and behavior you teach? As an elder you want to be respected but if you cannot give a good example to a little kid, you don't even deserve a respect or to be called elderly just because you old!

1  Thank gracefully9o9