“Nice little family restaurant on the plaza”
Review of Restaurant Muul

Restaurant Muul
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Izamal
Cuisines: Mexican
Santee, California
“Nice little family restaurant on the plaza”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The outdoor seating on the plaza was nice, but noisy. The food was well prepared and better than average. The service was prompt and friendly. The mostly Maya dishes were an interesting change of pace. Go late in the afternoon or in the morning when the plaza is not as hot.

• Visited January 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great place to watch the world go by, oh and great meals also!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lets get one thing straight. Izamal does not have a lot of restaurants to choose from.
We found this place on the edge of the town square, and it had lots of happy laughing people sitting outside enjoying the atmosphere.
I couldn't resist the chance to join in, so we decided to dine here.
The waiter was awesome, lots of recommendations, very helpful, and only wanted to please. As is mandatory, we ordered 2 margaritas, and I have to admit, they were the best I have tasted in all of Mexico. Not hardcore, but quality tequila, and served in crushed ice, very tasty. So tasty, we ordered many more!
The food was better than some of the reviews have noted here. I found both our meals to be above average and full of local flavor. A real bonus for foreigners who want to experience some of the local customary delights.
We met a Canadian who filled us in on the town and was very very helpful, just par for the course in a small town like this.
People watching was enjoyable, and we really did feel like we blended in to the locale.
Overall I would recommend this restaurant. Very laid back, full of local delights, and very good meals.

• Visited January 2013
HULL
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The restaurant was lacking in atmosphere, the food was poor; we had beef which was extremely tough and the meal as a whole was poorly presented.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MKH50
Mahahual,
“Great food - inexpensive, great service, great location”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I like this restaurant because I like the service, the food and eating on the square in view of the Convent. However, I was there during lunch in April and the flies were horrible. Perhaps it was the horse and carriage drivers which drove over in front of us. The person I was with couldn't finish her food. My husband and I had eaten there before in the evening and loved it, so this might be a temporary thing, but it kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. I have to say, that I loved what I had, but I eventually quit eating too. the Menu is largely Yucatecan with some of the most generous salbutes I have ever seen. When we ate there in the evening, everything was perfect and no flies, so don't let this put you off. Maybe eat inside.

• Visited April 2012
Oldenburg, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We have been there in March 2012 and passed a nice afternoon there. Excellent food, good prices - 250 pesos for 2 persons - nice location, clean bathroom and a nice owner who gave us a lot of hints how we can explore the village. All in all the best restaurant in our journey to Yucatan.

• Visited March 2012