“fabulous food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

best food in the Yucatan -- perfect handmade tortillas, queso relleno, pollo negro, and that delicious pumpkin seed dip; beautiful setting; excellent service

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just had lunch at this fantastic place in Izamal. It is the best in the town for sure but I think it is truly my favorite restaurant in the Yucatan. It is truly unique.

Miriam has done an amazing job creating this special place for locals and visitors a like.
I was there with my Mayan Heritage guide Gabriel who is also the best guide I had with Mayan Heritage.

I ordered the venato and loved it. I also enjoyed watching the women make tortillas and I even bought a small house from the gift shop to remember this wonderful experience.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

this seemed to be THE place to eat in Izamal. Was a Sunday night during peak season so had to wait 30 min to sit. Service was a bit slow, but understandable. Food was good. Margaritas good but way tooo small.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were based in Merida for a week and ate local food everywhere. This lunch was special. Beautiful setting (I am a tourist and don't apologize for loving a large palapa-like setting. The restaurant is large and maybe it isn't so pleasant when it is filled but our lunch was very low key). We were not bothered by mosquitoes. It was an oasis for us after scrambling around ruins and old churches. Very civilized. Loved that you can walk to the rear and watch tortillas being made and wood going in the stove to grill the poc chuc. Only bad thing: as we were walking around, a camera was stolen right from our table. There were no customers right around and the management did not seem to think this was serious. It was a bummer, however, to my friend!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

A very fine variety of Yucatan dishes, pleasant, traditional building. Perhaps a but touristy, but highly recommended.