“Nice setting, beautiful street, but not as good as it used to be”

Kinich El Sabor de Izamal
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Izamal
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mahahual,
“Nice setting, beautiful street, but not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I visit Izamal a lot and usually this is my first choice. The last few times the prices have gone up and the food seems to be meager and take forever to come out. It is still very good. I love the hand made corn tortillas, although they only brought out 2 or three for a party of 4. We had to "Beg" for more. Perhaps I was there on a bad day. I've tried everything on the menu - the venado (deer) is great as is the relleno Negro (although I've tasted better). The good thing is that they are now open later in the evening, but I get the feeling that the waitresses wish otherwise, because I think the service is better in the afternoon. The last time I went (which this review is based on) we went after 7:00. I'm not giving up on Kinich - I'll go again and recommend it to my friends because I think it is still a great restaurant, just slipped a bit from the last time I was there.

• Visited January 2012

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“amazingly good!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

the place is so beautiful, local maya style, the people is so kind and service oriented, the place is comfortable, little demanded so you have to wait for some minutes if it is weekend and/or vacations but it is guarantee it keep good, the food is great! really local food, the place is located close to the downtown so you can go walking, do not hesitate to stop by and eat Mexican food

• Visited May 2012
Eagan, Minnesota
“Best in Town!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The food, service and atmosphere make Kinich El Sabor a must do when you are in Izamal. The staff / service was great and we were treated like family. The prices are very reasonable and the food surpassed our expectations. The Cochinita Pibil and Pollo Pibil are great. You need to know what you are ordering and have a taste for Yucatean cuisine. We went on two different nights and had a great time. The staff made it extra enjoyable for us. One of us ordered a chicken dish, don't remember the name, and liked the chicken but did not care for the sauce. It was not the preparation, simply a personal taste issue. The staff offered to exchange the meal. How often does that happen? The atmosphere is somewhere from casual to formal. We saw a full range of people.

• Visited March 2012
Mexico
“Delicious, authentic Yucatan cuisine”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This place is a must stop in Izamal.... we enjoyed it so much we diverted here again on our way back to the Riviera Maya!

Visited March 2012
Cambridge
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Nice ambience. You'll be happy to walk into their nice cool restaurant after walking around for a while. Service is good. Food is very good, too. Try the chaya drink!

Visited January 2012