“Can't wait to go back!!!”

Holbox Dream Beach Front Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Holbox Island
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I spent seven nights here in early June the review comes late, but clearly I'm still thinking about what a wonderful time I had at Holbox Dream. I really got a chance do relax and unwind! The location was great as it was such a short walk to town. The hotel room was so clean, the decor was simple but modern and the staff was so friendly and helpful whenever I needed anything. Every afternoon after the beach I would lay in my hammock with a book and just relax. The accommodations were more than great for the price! I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank teecee111_11

Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel is like you see it in the website: cute, small and right on the beach. Few blocks from the downtown and far enough from noisy bars. The upper floor rooms are great whereas the lower ones are dark. Not sure why they have the same price. Room 6 has a noisy ac. The hotel has WiFi, ask for the password. Bring your own hair dryer if you need it.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Morgante
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night for a whale shark expedition. The boat we took from chiquila dropped us off right in front of the hotel. No walking from the pier and trying to find the place. It is a smaller hotel but adorable in every way. As you walk up to the reception area you pass by a sunning area with beach chairs and these great "swing" lounges that have white curtains draping down. The pool at the center courtyard is just big enough for a good swim or relaxing dip if the ocean is not your thing. The landscaping is very in keeping with the tropical environment and nicely maintained. The room is small, but comfortable. A queen bed and a twin. The decor is bohemian. Lots of wood and shells. The bathroom was my favorite part. Seashells for water fixtures! The shower head is a conch shell! too cute. Like many places in Mexico the plumbing can not handle anything like paper or the like being flushed down, but we are used to it at this point having been out of the US for almost 4 months now. There is a nice little balcony for each of the second floor rooms, and we were lucky enough to be in one of them with an ocean view. The hammock chair provided is a hard thing to leave when the breeze hits just right and the sea is glistening in front of you. Our only complaint about the place was that the stairs leading to the rooftop jacuzzi always seemed to be locked. I was able to make it up there one time and got some pictures but there were people using the spa. The air conditioning in the room worked very well and kept us comfortable all night. We awoke very early to make it to our expedition, the beach and hotel seemed deserted which was fine by us. The hotel is very close to the pier and the downtown areas. Holobx ( pronounced Hol-bosh) is an amazing little town with no paved roads. We plan on returning before we leave Mexico so we can spend some more time on the island, and will most likely stay at Holbox Dream when we do.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms at the front of the building will have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Strivetobehappy
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I think it's a fun hotel with a great location. I also ordered a massage and that was great! Nice little touches in the room like the shower head is a big conch shell. My husband and I got a regular room and my sister got a luxury room. Rooms are same size but luxury room comes with safe and fridge. We didn't use the fridge but the safe was good for the passports. I like mattresses on the firmer side and these were just right for me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank phranq12345
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our family stayed a few days at Holbox Dream and it is just perfect. We had rooms 1 and 21, I highly recommend them if available. The property is well cared for, perfectly decorated inside and out and has one of the best beach view/locations I've ever seen. Simply gorgeous. The owners are very attentive. You will be very happy with this choice!

Room Tip: If you prefer a squishy, flatter pillow, bring one from home.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MollyWatches
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Before our trip to Holbox, we did some research in internet to find good option for our 11-nights stay, we choosed Holbox Dreams and we were very very very satisfied! Holbox Dreams is small, beautiful, nicely decorated, very clean (and cleaned daily) and provides with everything you can probably need to enjoy your vacation :) Rooms have AC which is very important because of the hot weather, and fan. And WiFi, if you want to stay partly connected to outside life. Staff is great, they organized our transfer from Cancun airport (a bit expensive though), whale shark tour and 3 islands/fishing tour with the best ceviche from fish we had just catched! Also Holbox Dreams has great location, nice and quiet beach but only about 10 minutes walk away from main plaza where all the evening activities are taking place. Hotel doesn't have his own restaurant, but you can get breakfast in "Faro Viejo" which is another hotel, located ~200meters away on the beach. Beach chairs/beds and swimming pool for children, beautiful place to stay in Holbox!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liga11234
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Holbox Dream June 11-18, 2011. We loved the hotel, mainly because of the beautiful beach and great location. This hotel has the most amazing beach and most of the time we had it all to ourselves! We couldn't believe it. Soft sand, an abundance of lounge chairs.... check out their website holboxdream.com - the pictures there are exactly what it is like in person. From the hotel it is only a few blocks walk to the main square - very convenient.

The rooms are simple but elegant. We stayed in the Luxury room to get the mini fridge and safe. Since there is no restaurant the fridge was handy for keeping our water and bevies cold. Our balcony was incredible and we were literally steps from the beach.

The staff was great. We arrived well before our check in time and Lupe was working the desk. No problem though, he showed us to a room so we could start our vacation. Despite our language barrier (our Spansih is limited, as was his English) he got us set up and going, and did it with a smile.

The bed was a little too firm, probably the only slightly negative thing I have to say.

The whole island is so laid back and simple it was a very relaxing and beautiful vacation. We would go back to the island and Holbox Dream in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury room to get the fridge- we found this very valuable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple