Holbox Hotel Mawimbi
$194
$106
  • Pool
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
$160
$102
$132
$95
$126
$112
  • Beachfront
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
$353
$265
Hotels.com
CasaSandra Boutique Hotel(Holbox Island)
$313
Xaloc Resort(Holbox Island)
$139
$100
  • Breakfast included
Casa BlatHa(Holbox Island)(Great Value!)
$69
$50
  • Restaurant
Casa Maya Holbox(Holbox Island)
$74
$64
  • Beachfront
All reviewswhale shark tourpalm treesbar restaurantin towncrabbeach frontswing bedspollofresh fruitlaid backoctopusfood and drinksother hotelslittle detailsslice of paradisemosquito netguacamole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Mawimbi for 10 days in March. I had a wonderful visit. The hotel is beautiful and I loved the attention to detail and the lounge chairs and beds on the beach. The staff went out of their way with great service. I highly recommend a visit to Holbox and Hotel Mawimbi!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Anne1222
Reviewed April 10, 2014

It was just wonderful! We stayed there 2 nights in April 2014. The service was really good, Hanna one of the host was very kind to us. The place in itself is wonderful, right on the beach, not crowded. The food is pretty good too, we had dinner one time there. The breakfast was simple but good some tartines with butter and jam and a fruit platter.
On the beach many mattresses and hamack also kayak to rent for free.
You can't go to Mexico without stopping at Holbox and especially at the Mawibi Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Julien W
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Mawimbi in March 2014 and it did not disappoint. After doing AI's for a while we were looking for somewhere different (Holbox) and a hotel where we could totally relax and Mawimbi delivered. It was peaceful, quiet with a good bar/restaurant that we had breakfast and lunch at most days ( I personally enjoyed the fish taco's on a few occasions). You will not find the spring break crowd there, and there is no morning rush to secure chairs in a good spot as they are all good and there are plenty. There is no nightly entertainment so the property is nice and quiet at night, perfect for a bottle of wine on the room patio. We did that most nights and just played some music from Songza on our iPad. If eating/drinking at the hotel you can run a tab at the bar and pay upon checkout so no need to keep peso's on you while on the property. Rooms are basic and clean with ensuite washrooms, no in room amenities such as TV, phone, coffee maker but there is good Wi-Fi around the bar area. Housekeeping did a good job as well and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We arranged our transfers to/from Cancun through the hotel and the process was seamless and effortless both ways.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, some a bit larger than others. Two have kitchenettes but these have no view of the water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank novak500
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a small, authentic, family owned hotel. Rooms are a little small but have a king sized bed that is the most comfortable I've found in our many trips to mexico. Maids do a great job, very clean. Bugs are a problem in Holbox and I did get some bites while sleeping; however, we were in and out to the nice, private, balcony each room has and its impossible to keep mosquitos out. I brought my own shampoo and conditioner so the hotel only gave us one set..this led to my husband using mine and me running out... Our room had a hair dryer but no coffee maker (we brought our own). They open for breakfast at 7:30... we get up at 5am, so in room coffee is important to us. The location is fantastic..a two minute walk outside the town square, gorgeous beach but no waiter service. No problem, you walk over and order and they'll bring it out to you. Never had any problem getting a nice spot-really nice beach beds. Internet service was spotty and a little aggravating...but this is a sleepy little island with sand roads. It would have been nice to have TV service, especially for the weather channel... and since the internet was slow, but we didn't miss it that much. Nice towels and linens..after a week they brought us new beach towels...we could have gone to the lobby I suppose. New bath towels every few days... The rooms in the main hotel are all upstairs, they have louvers on the upper half of the door..make sure you close these because you can hear everything. The maids open them every day...probably to air the room. All the rooms open onto a small circular area..so privacy could be an issue. Nice library to borrow books...nice decor throughout. Food was good but they were out of something we tried to order every day (but not rum!). Its hard to maintain a good selection of fresh ingredients in a small hotel/restaurant, but I would rather see a smaller menu than be told something is not available every day. One day, I tried to order coconut shrimp and I was told they needed 3 hour notice.. there are other shrimp dishes on the menu (shrimp pasta is great) so I couldn't understand this. The included breakfast is REALLY good. Lots of fruit-kiwi, banana, melon, pineapple... Toast from fresh baked bread.. homemade jelly, generous servings!
All in all, I would stay at Mawimbi again...rooms are a little small but it is priced accordingly. The location is fantastic... Nice, very relaxing stay. Owners are unobtrusive and friendly, staff are nice.

Room Tip: Palm trees block the ocean view from the ocean front rooms. The oceanfront bungalows have a better view. We had as good a view with a "lateral view room" from balcony as we did in the beach front room. We started in the less expensive lateral view room...it had a much bigger balcony, but not as good internet reception.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Colleenfromalaska
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Could not be better.We had the best vacation and this hotel is so amazing. The staff are so nice .The grounds are the best on the island .The rooms are a dream.Food is really good.We loved Holbox island.

Room Tip: all great rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple