The stay here was wonderful. Combining hammocks, tents and cabanas, the team here have done a really great job of creating a little community that is social and friendly.
We stayed in a cabana with en suite one night, and another more basic cabana with a shared bathroom for another two nights. Both were great and actually we even preferred the basic cabana because we had more space. The shared bathrooms were very clean and one shower always has hot water, so no complaints there.
The on site cafe has a great choice for breakfast - eggs, cereals, smoothies, yoghurts, coffee - and you can order dinner in advance as they buy everything fresh on the day. There is a full kitchen so you can make whatever you want. In the evenings people have a few beers and play guitar in the common area, but it is quiet and here you can easily have an early night.
David and Anna at reception are friendly and accommodating, as is the girl in the cafe, who is always smiling.
Holbox is tiny so it's a 5 min walk to the main square, and only one dirt road away from the beach, which is worth the 3.5 hour journey to arrive here. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Hostel consisting of ten cabins, located near the beach, city center and all services. Surrounded by coconuts, mangroves and palm trees has a rather broad garden. An appropriate atmosphere in which to hang a hammock and take a "sacred nap," where people can socialize and enjoy their vacation within nature. Warm and comfortable, the hostel offers to backpackers the chance to sleep in hammocks or beds in small wooden huts protected with mosquito net or pitch a tent on soft sand. Some bungalows palafito style with private bathroom to please couples and honeymooners and a fully equipped house, favorite option of families and small groups who want a bit more of privacy, are available as well in the property. Finally, guests can profit from restaurant, bar, hot water, fans, kitchen, small snack bar, tour desk, free Wi-Fi and relax area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hostel & Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel & Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping Hotel Holbox Island
- Hostel And Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping