“Paradies am Meer..”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Holbox Island
Augsburg
“Paradies am Meer..”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

this is one of the stylishst places we've ever seen. fantastic! everything just great. perfect desing. will come back. the buffet was also great. this is an upper class luxury hotel. should be on the top 3 on this island. watch the pictures.

the only bad situation was with one of the managers we had a missunderstanding about asking for a whalesharktour. they booked it and tried to get the money for it next day. but we did not paid for it. asking for something means not booking. that was confusing and never ever happened to us elsewhere yet. waitingtime for a renting gulf car was around one hour. service quality got only 3 of 5 stars. quality of the manager is upgradeable, but they were very friendly at all. the concierge and luggage carrier was fantastic and a helping hand everytime.

We recommend this resort fully

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrthepoly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been 3 times to the Caribbean but Holbox felt different to the regular resort and definitly gave a unique experience. We loved the unspoilt feeling. The hotel is delightful in every sense of the word. AMazing views and tranquility from the minute you arrive. The room was gorgeous and the service in every area of the hotel was faultless. The food 10 out of 10. We hardly went outside of the hotel as we just loved it so much! The journey to get there was a bit longwinded (depending of course where you are coming from!) but do not let this put you off because once you get there you will be blown away. Have suggested this hotel to my cousin for her honeymoon it was that good.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Naomi B
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

They’ve deleted reviews prior to nov 2012, or this is a new page. I had already reviewed this hotel and it had several terrible reviews, Me being an optimistic thought people where being to harsh but I actually think now that they where being kind. This hotel is horrible!!!!!! Avoid it at all cost.
I stayed here in September 2012, so not even a year ago. Mattresses where horrible they actually gave my back pain, so no good night sleep here. Bathroom is extremely dark even when you turn on the light, the windows frame don´t fit properly so mosquitos are everywhere and they don’t call it mosquito island for nothing.
The fridge in the room wasn’t working they never fixed it, fan didn’t worked never fixed it either we wanted to change rooms and said that wasn’t possible, it was low season and the hotel was practically empty.
We paid for all inclusive definitely not worth it, the food menu is very limited and food is average except for the lima soup that is really good.
The alcohol they serve you in the all inclusive is the worst there is, I mean is Mexico so a relatively good tequila is cheap but this guys serve you the worst of the worst.
Bicycles didn’t work and when I complained to a Spanish lady at the front desk she was extremely rude and said “where that’s all there is you take it or leave it” no “we apologize for the inconvenience” noooo, just plain rude.
There is no service at the beach chairs so you have to get all your drink your self.
Definitely not worth the price and to be honest you can fine something a loooooooooot better in Holbox. We absolutely loved the island just absolutely hated this hotel and we where a group of 8 so it wasn’t just me who hated it.

NOTHING WORKS IN THIS HOTEL.

We came to enjoy a relaxing vacation and left more tired that how we arrived.

Room Tip: Don´t stay in any rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Carol W
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from 5 days at the villas del paraiso and were so sad to leave. Definitely wished we stayed longer. The location is perfect. The beach is beautiful and the grounds at the hotel were lush and tropical. The fact that there is only 1 restaurant gets a little redundant but its only about a 10 minute walk to town so we ate there a couple nights and at one of the beach restaurants for lunch to change things up. I think the only thing I would change is there aren't a lot of chairs with umbrellas by the beach. Most of them were already taken in the morning. I love the sun but my boyfriend burns easily and there was no shade for him by the beach. Next time I may just bring my own beach umbrella to solve that problem. We also couldn't sit by the pool because there were only about 8 chairs and the pool is small. All the guests who had kids were there hanging out all day and it wasn't a very relaxing spot with screaming kids. The beach was so amazing though I didn't really mind. The staff at the hotel was great..very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back we loved it so much!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dgelormini
Reading, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Words cannot describe how much we loved this hotel. The rooms were great, the beach was fantastic, the staff was awesome, the food was delicious, and this was the most relaxing place I think I have ever been. I am counting the days until we can go back.

You know it is a great place when you don't wear shoes the entire time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bill A
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a lot of reading and internet browsing to find the "right" place to vacation in Holbox, was delighted with our choice. Paraiso Del Mar has an exceptional location on the most beautiful virgin beach in the Caribbean I´ve ever seen. The sea is turquoise and there are an abundance of different bird species to admire. This is not really a place to bring your high heels and fancy clothes but rather somewhere that you can slip into a pair of sandals (or better still go barefoot) and live the experience. We swam in the sea, walked and enjoyed our Holbox moment every minute we were there. Our cares and troubles literally slipped away over night and we had the most relaxing time ever. The rooms are fantastic and done to a really high standard so we were not skimping on the little luxuries of life at all. The food was delicious and varied, the staff were helpful and friendly and the whole hotel was just perfect for us. I would say that this is one of very few hotels that I would want to return to.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mia P
Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent two weeks in March at Villas Paraiso del Mar. It´s a very nice and clean hotel and the rooms are really nice. We stayed on the second floor. We did all inclusive which I do recommend, even though we didin´t eat every meal in the hotel. The beach is lovely.
We liked the english speaking front desk girls, Suzana and Claudia. They where very professional and did help us with a smile.

A quiet hotel but unfortunately there were german-speaking guests who did not take notice of the other guests and they where talking loud on their balcony, early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Holbox is a paradise! It´s so worth the trip - you won´t regret it. I will return to this island for a third time! .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple