“Beware they are not showing previous reviews!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villas HM Paraiso del Mar

Villas HM Paraiso del Mar
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Holbox Island
New York City, New York
“Beware they are not showing previous reviews!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

They’ve deleted reviews prior to nov 2012, or this is a new page. I had already reviewed this hotel and it had several terrible reviews, Me being an optimistic thought people where being to harsh but I actually think now that they where being kind. This hotel is horrible!!!!!! Avoid it at all cost.
I stayed here in September 2012, so not even a year ago. Mattresses where horrible they actually gave my back pain, so no good night sleep here. Bathroom is extremely dark even when you turn on the light, the windows frame don´t fit properly so mosquitos are everywhere and they don’t call it mosquito island for nothing.
The fridge in the room wasn’t working they never fixed it, fan didn’t worked never fixed it either we wanted to change rooms and said that wasn’t possible, it was low season and the hotel was practically empty.
We paid for all inclusive definitely not worth it, the food menu is very limited and food is average except for the lima soup that is really good.
The alcohol they serve you in the all inclusive is the worst there is, I mean is Mexico so a relatively good tequila is cheap but this guys serve you the worst of the worst.
Bicycles didn’t work and when I complained to a Spanish lady at the front desk she was extremely rude and said “where that’s all there is you take it or leave it” no “we apologize for the inconvenience” noooo, just plain rude.
There is no service at the beach chairs so you have to get all your drink your self.
Definitely not worth the price and to be honest you can fine something a loooooooooot better in Holbox. We absolutely loved the island just absolutely hated this hotel and we where a group of 8 so it wasn’t just me who hated it.

NOTHING WORKS IN THIS HOTEL.

We came to enjoy a relaxing vacation and left more tired that how we arrived.

Room Tip: Don´t stay in any rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Carol W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from 5 days at the villas del paraiso and were so sad to leave. Definitely wished we stayed longer. The location is perfect. The beach is beautiful and the grounds at the hotel were lush and tropical. The fact that there is only 1 restaurant gets a little redundant but its only about a 10 minute walk to town so we ate there a couple nights and at one of the beach restaurants for lunch to change things up. I think the only thing I would change is there aren't a lot of chairs with umbrellas by the beach. Most of them were already taken in the morning. I love the sun but my boyfriend burns easily and there was no shade for him by the beach. Next time I may just bring my own beach umbrella to solve that problem. We also couldn't sit by the pool because there were only about 8 chairs and the pool is small. All the guests who had kids were there hanging out all day and it wasn't a very relaxing spot with screaming kids. The beach was so amazing though I didn't really mind. The staff at the hotel was great..very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back we loved it so much!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dgelormini
Reading, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Words cannot describe how much we loved this hotel. The rooms were great, the beach was fantastic, the staff was awesome, the food was delicious, and this was the most relaxing place I think I have ever been. I am counting the days until we can go back.

You know it is a great place when you don't wear shoes the entire time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bill A
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a lot of reading and internet browsing to find the "right" place to vacation in Holbox, was delighted with our choice. Paraiso Del Mar has an exceptional location on the most beautiful virgin beach in the Caribbean I´ve ever seen. The sea is turquoise and there are an abundance of different bird species to admire. This is not really a place to bring your high heels and fancy clothes but rather somewhere that you can slip into a pair of sandals (or better still go barefoot) and live the experience. We swam in the sea, walked and enjoyed our Holbox moment every minute we were there. Our cares and troubles literally slipped away over night and we had the most relaxing time ever. The rooms are fantastic and done to a really high standard so we were not skimping on the little luxuries of life at all. The food was delicious and varied, the staff were helpful and friendly and the whole hotel was just perfect for us. I would say that this is one of very few hotels that I would want to return to.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mia P
Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent two weeks in March at Villas Paraiso del Mar. It´s a very nice and clean hotel and the rooms are really nice. We stayed on the second floor. We did all inclusive which I do recommend, even though we didin´t eat every meal in the hotel. The beach is lovely.
We liked the english speaking front desk girls, Suzana and Claudia. They where very professional and did help us with a smile.

A quiet hotel but unfortunately there were german-speaking guests who did not take notice of the other guests and they where talking loud on their balcony, early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Holbox is a paradise! It´s so worth the trip - you won´t regret it. I will return to this island for a third time! .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birgitta E
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

By far the best place I´ve ever stayed. On the most beautiful beach and surrounded by green trees in one direction and wild birds along the coast in another. Get your camera ready because you will need it! The staff are truly nice people who want to make your stay memorable and do a great job. I requested a different pillow and extra shampoo and they were at the door within minutes. The room was faultless with the best of everything, including the sea view to wake up to every morning. Food was also excellent and you will probably put weight on, like us, it is so good. There are lot´s of water sports to try but we found just strolling along the beach, snapping pics. was good enough for us. We stayed a 1 week, but with the travelling 10 days probably would have been smarter to be honest. You will definitely relax here and have the best time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jessica M
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed with my husband for six nights. This was our first time on the beautiful Island of Holbox. We wanted an out of the usual place for a special celebration and this truly ticked all my boxs. First of all the friendly reception staff and welcome drinks were a great way to be greeted and the room was just so lovely, big soft bed, the air even smelled delightful. Our six days were filled with delicious food, great cocktails and the most outstanding sea views ever seen. In all I couldn't have found a better place to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple