It is definitely one of the nicest hotels on the island, very nice rooms, good restaurant, well located close to the village center.
The food at the reataurant is very good, unfortunately the kitchen closes at approx. 4pm to get prepared for dinner (at 6pm?). The waiters do their job well, but and except one waiter I haven't seen any of them smiling.
The spa area is located at the pool side, which creates a "conflict" between the people who want a nice calm treatment and the guests with kids, which want to play at the pool. Why didn't they locate the spa area a litte separate like in other hotels?
Also be aware that at night time sometimes a live band plays at one of the bars at the beach side so it gets for the ocean view rooms a little bit noisy till early morning.
Aso I believe the service prices of the hotel are overprized. I think here the hotel still has here room for improvement.
1) Transfer to Cancun USD 150 for up to 2 persons
2) Whale shark watching USD120 per person
1) Taxi: A friendly receptionsts organized me with a simple phone call to taxi central a taxi to Cancun for 800 pesos (approx 60 USD). Ok, you have to get by yourself to Chiquila, but calling a taxi in Holbox and buying a ferry ticket is easy.
2) Whale sharks: We got the same tour for 1000pesos (approx. 80USD) per person in the village (can be organized with one phone call as well).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront boutique hotel, run by Italian family. 21 charming new rooms, Spa, Yoga center,Kiteboard school, Beach club and organic restaurant. The design influence of Francesca and her mother Greta is evident in the hotel’s 21 romantic rooms and suites, from the carefully sourced antiques and local artisan-made colonial-style furniture to the fine linens and contemporary twist on traditional Mexican fabrics. It’s a ‘bohemian-chic’ feel that fits perfectly with the relaxed ambiance of the resort. Add in roomy double-loungers and palapa daybeds on the beach – as well as a spacious new pool – and you have the perfect formula for lusciously lazy days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel And Spa
- Casa Las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel Holbox Island
- Hotelito Casa Las Tortugas Hotel