You are very lucky and I can't image how anyone would not love this hotel.
I only have one constructive criticism on how the hotel could improve its service and I think it would be an easy fix. We contracted with the hotel for an outside driver to pick us up at the airport. As luck would have it, they were not there when we arrived. As you know things happen, they get a flat tire, they go to the wrong terminal and the list goes on. The problem is, when you walk out to the taxi area they are looking (preying) for lost tourist. This was not our first trip to Mexico and we thought we were pretty aware of the things they do...we were wrong! Long story but we ended up taking a taxi through the vendors at the airport and being charged (scammed) about triple. A normal fare we found out later is about $80 US to
Chiquila where you catch the ferry to Isla Holbox. On the instructions you receive from the hotel, it would be very helpful if they listed what to do if for any reason the taxi was not there. How to handle it and what to do and what not to do. Ours was a very rough start to our trip but, in the end the hotel took care of us and we could not have been happier.
Now for the hotel, it is so nice. The setting is beautiful, the rooms are clean and ours was very spacious. We stayed in Menta which is ocean front and next to the restaurant. At first we weren't sure we wanted to be right next to the restaurant and we ended up loving our room. I would ask for the same room next time. We would sit on our patio at night and play cards before dinner. The staff at the restaurant would bring drinks and appetizers over. You get to know some of the guests and it was always fun when they walked by our patio and we could share stories about what we did during the day and good places to eat (besides the hotel).
We thought the hotel restaurant was wonderful. Lots of good seafood and pasta and the desserts were outstanding. For me, it is as good as any food we get at home and we live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We thought the staff at the restaurant, the spa and the lobby could not have been nicer or more helpful. I really would love to go back to this hotel.
If you go bring pesos, we did not use dollars and the atm's on the island did not have money when we were there. Also, some things you may need are good mosquito repellent (we were there in July) and hair conditioner. The hotel provides organic repellent but it did not work for us. They do provide shampoo and soap (liquid and bar). I brought my own blow dryer and I don't remember if there was one in the room or not.
Some of the activities we did were the whale shark tour, the boat trip around the island, rented a golf cart and toured the island, rented a paddle board at the hotel and did this in the water in front of the hotel. We did not get to do the kayak trip through mangroves, maybe next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront boutique hotel, run by Italian family. 21 charming new rooms, Spa, Yoga center,Kiteboard school, Beach club and organic restaurant. The design influence of Francesca and her mother Greta is evident in the hotel’s 21 romantic rooms and suites, from the carefully sourced antiques and local artisan-made colonial-style furniture to the fine linens and contemporary twist on traditional Mexican fabrics. It’s a ‘bohemian-chic’ feel that fits perfectly with the relaxed ambiance of the resort. Add in roomy double-loungers and palapa daybeds on the beach – as well as a spacious new pool – and you have the perfect formula for lusciously lazy days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel Holbox Island
- Casa Las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel And Spa
- Hotelito Casa Las Tortugas Hotel