Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Holbox Island
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our stay in this beautiful hotel was a dream. Our daughter's wedding could not be topped by anything else. It was just perfect: the location, the staff, the food, the organization. Carolina, the manager, was exceptional with her warmth, friendliness and last not least her overall view to make everything work out perfectly.
Thank you, Carolina! We will come back!
Sorry, we have no more kids to be married at this wonderful place.
Jutta and Guenter H

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jutta H

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, but this place tops everything! I have never come across staff so friendly, attentive and professional, and I had the time of my life!
My husband and I spent a week there for our wedding and I cannot say THANK YOU enough times! We were embraced with a warm family feeling that made us feel like being at home, and any wishes or concerns were attended to immediately. The food, the organization, the attention to detail and simply the atmosphere were phenomenal and the whole experience still blows my mind!

Carolina - manager, wedding planner, and an amazing person all around, made a dream come true and arranged the most picture-perfect wedding experience for us - THANKS CARO!!
I still cannot believe all the little extras they did for us and how they went out of their way to make this wedding as perfect as it turned out to be!

Everyone else from the hotel, the staff of Mandarina restaurant in the hotel and not to forget the spa... everything was beyond our imagination! Gracias a todos ustedes!

We will be back, hopefully for our anniversary :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steffi L
Hol2Mex, Public Relations Manager at Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Thank you so much to spend with us unforgettable moment,
also thank you so much for the very nice review.
We will waiting for your second trip!!!
greetings

Reviewed May 17, 2012

we stayed -sorry-only 2 nights for a wonderful wedding!well done-everything was perfect,the vibe,the food,the organization,the location,the staff and the owners.
The cuisine is excellent,delicate items on the menu,daily fresh homemade breads,,the service always with a smile,the extra mile goes everybody in this hotel,nothing is to much,the rooms are beautifully designed ,with a lot of art ,shells,and the little things what we all like-love-Casa las Tortugas: -here the word me casa is your casa is more than right-we had a wonderful time and we know how much work and love you have to invest,that this Casa is like it is-outstanding!change nothing!

Room Tip: we liked Paloma
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hol2Mex, Front Office Manager at Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Hola Guys!!!!!
Many thanks for the amazing weekend,with an incredible group.
Also for the nice review.
For sure we will visit you soon!!!!!!
Greetings

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Words cannot describe how amazing this place is. I stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days for a friend's wedding which was at the hotel. The staff was AMAZING. I, quite literally, felt like a friend or part of the family when I left. They hugged everyone and always made sure things were going well. I really can't say enough about the staff.

The food was also amazing. For breakfast, the juice and coffee were great. One day I had eggs, cheese and ham with beans and toast. So good. The next I chose eggs and bacon. Sure, it's not the largest breakfast in the world with tons of options, but they usually had 3 options to choose from and it was delicious. They kept the toast and coffee coming.

The rooms were comfortable. I shared a room with a friend, and we had plenty of space with the two beds. The room was well decorated and very clean, with an amazingly cold air conditioner. It has a nice rustic/beachy style to it that I really love. There's no hot water in the sink, sure, but most places on the island don't have that and I don't really see it as a big deal.

The location is amazing. The restaurant spills out onto the beautiful beach, plenty of chairs and beach beds to lounge on. The hotel itself is half beach...all of the walkways are sand, and are raked daily which gives it a very zen feeling. The pool is also amazing. I didn't choose any of the spa treatments, but I did hear good things from friends.

Lastly, the wedding. The entire thing was catered by and held at the hotel. The food was great. The bar was awesome, the staff was perfect. You wouldn't believe how they transformed this place for the wedding. The staff all had walkie talkies and were running around making sure everything was perfect, and it really was. It made me want to have MY wedding there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Hola!!!!!!
Thank you so much girls for the incredible weekend!
Was very nice to meet you and I hope to will see you next time!
take care

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I loved this hotel, the breakfast was great and the beach really clean.
Even it was raining when we got there, we spent one day at the bar of the hotel playing all kind of games they have there, reading, etc etc... then its closed for all the places and we walked to the downtown what is really cozy too. I want to go back but It is an expensive hotel

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tortugas for 5 nights last March. The hotel and grounds are absolutely gorgeous, with a beautiful swimming pool and a cute restaurant with on-beach tables. They have lots of beach furniture, including swinging double "beds", and we were always able to find a good spot to lounge. They'll deliver drinks out to the beach or pool too.

We only had dinner at the hotel's restaurant once--the food was good, but it was on the pricey side. (There are so many good restaurants on the island that we went to a different place every night.)

The staff were all great and our room was cleaned and tidied every day. The bathroom had a great tiled shower with a rain showerhead. The bath products made of Yucatecan honey were very nice also.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second before booking here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hola!!!
We want to thank you for the wonderful comment in TripAdvisor.
Was very nice to meet you and we hope we will see you in other season.
Greetings

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Everything was so great. The first impression was that this hotel was straight on the wonderful beach! The staff was amazing, so kind and you got help easily. The architecture was impressive... loved the "Fred Flinstone-style" :)
Very good food in the Mandarina Restaurant with the nicest staff ever!

Book this hotel, you won`t regret it if you want lazy days with no discos, no heay traffic, no disturbing noice - just the calm of sea-breeze.....WE LOVED OUR STAY!! We´ll be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birgitta E
Hol2Mex, Public Relations Manager at Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much to spend with us unforgettable moment,
also thank you so much for the very nice review.
We will waiting for your second trip!!!
greetings