I have been meaning to write this review for a long time. In fact I only joined Trip Advisor originally to write this review.
Holbox Island is beautiful, fun, quiet and romantic. It took me about 10 minutes to realise this when we arrived by speed boat.
Casa Sandra is the best place to stay on the Island. It is made up of the main building, then separate apartment buildings, as well as a couple of solo cubana's (might have the wrong word for this).
We originally were booked to stay in the solo cabana but I felt it was too close to the road (not really a road, more a dust track with only golf carts driving along, I loved this road!!!) and the room was not as nice as I imagined. So after speaking to the very friendly lady at reception we changed our room to a suite, it was truely beautiful. It was the 2nd best room in the place and many of the pictures on the website (the chaise lounges for example) are taken in this room.
The room has a balcony with a hammoch that overlooks the sea and sunsets, the bed is enormous, and the bathrooms are clean and cute. The best thing about the entire layout of Casa Sandra is that everything is thoughtout so well. It's hard to explain, but all I can say is that it very well managed by someone who obviously has a lot of pride in their job.
Coming back to the sunset, I mentioned our balcony but in truth it is better to use on of the sun beds on the front of the hotel as they have the most romantic view. Wow, I wish I was their now!!!
Anyway, enough talking, please view our pictures.....
Final points: Restaurant is the best on the island (the Argentinian steak house on the roof overlooking the town is also amazing) the restaurant staff are very nice however like to leave on time, the cooks, cleaners and managers are all lovely... a very homely feel...
Swimming pool is average sized, furniture around is excellant, cushions so comfy....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a long time owner, Sandra, wanted to write by the sea. She went in search of a remote world, quiet, where the blue was obvious. One day, she landed in Cancun and the attraction of the Mayan land was overwhelming. She took a small plane and flew over the island of Holbox.Nothing was more attractive to her than the Feast of the colors of nature, barefoot fishermen with their gold teeth, women weaving hammocks or sheathed with their heels in the sand. "I want to do something here, " she said and began to imagine in her head this project now called "the hotel with a human touch" on this very beach.The land of more than 150 species of birds, whale shark, or Damero world's largest fish, mangroves in each corner, all were an inspiration to this artist.Then she wanted to welcome friends from around the world and to express, through a hotel on the island of Holbox, a point of view on life: "peace and art are a great treasure for humans. " Because of this she thought of a place that is romantic, sexy, creative, where the personalized, warm, rustic atmosphere in a luxurious twenty rooms that look to the sea, where one could meet the privacy and whims of its guests. All done out of love and passion. The same place where one can dream and create, and in the best case, where one can rest.The joy of giving and expressing a new way of caring for guests, has been the commitment of the hotel. Every detail has a reason: from the small art gallery with paintings by renowned artists to the beautiful furniture that inhabit the halls.Feelings, emotions, poetry, touches of color, aromas of black coffee, hammocks, fabric on the balconies, fluffy sheets, the sea at every angle, and romantic evenings create the magic of the "place of your dreams." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your CasaSandra Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sandra Hotel Holbox Island
- Casa Sandra Holbox Island