CasaSandra Boutique Hotel
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
$160
$102
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villas Delfines(Holbox Island)
$96
$194
$110
  • Pool
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
$278
$265
Villas Flamingos(Holbox Island)
$322
$283
$132
$95
  • Beachfront
Casa Maya Holbox(Holbox Island)
$74
$64
Xaloc Resort(Holbox Island)
$102
TripAdvisor
Casa Takywara(Holbox Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscasa sandracuban nightisla holboxmain buildingocean suitebug repellentthe general managersandy roadrecommend casahotel poollittle thingswonderful hotelrooms are beautifulthe room was nicewhale sharksamazing placegorgeous beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Casa Sandra has a lovely exterior and a calm and quiet ambience. On a recent trip I found myself looking for a room for my last night on the island. Having been on Holbox for a week I had the opportunity to observe the various hotels on the beach and it seemed like a wonderful place to end my trip. I made a reservation on their website for a king room with a late 4 p.m. check in. I was looking forward to an evening in a charming hotel listening to the Cuban musicians they had scheduled for that night.
I arrived at the hotel at 5:00 p.m. to be informed that my room was not ready and I would have wait. Although odd that the room would not be ready I waited for 20 minutes in the cool and quiet front lobby. I was taken to a room with 2 beds connecting to another room. In short,the condition of the room was not satisfactory to me, and it was not the King room that I had reserved. The gentleman at the front desk informed me that it was the last room and it was all they had left and it was my problem. He repeatedly stated that he would give me another room if they had it. He also stated when I pointed out that I reserved on their own website that the reservation should not have been given as they were very full. Having stayed in many hotels I understand that there are always rooms that are not as desirable, guests who checkin early are often moved but the first or last room should be of the same quality and you should receive the room type or higher of what you reserve.
Given these circumstances I asked if he would refund the nights rate , regardless of their cancellation policy, given that the room was not what I reserved. He agreed . The charges were reversed except the deposit I paid via paypal was not and no one responded to emails requesting that they do so.
This is a small hotel that did not meet expectations in terms of quality nor deliver what was reserved. Expectations that should be met regardless of how busy or full a hotel is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank curlymb2
PJsMM, Director Comercial at CasaSandra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear guest: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue of your deposit refund. We trust all is settled and hope that you may give us the opportunity of serving you in the near future. Best regards.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My adult daughters & I spent a week on the beach in breathtaking Holbox Island at CasaSandra. Everything about this charming little hotel is perfect. Vanessa at the front desk is kind, attentive & accommodating. Israel, Adrian & Aurelio at the pool bar/restaurant are handsome & make your day at the beach (or at the pool), well, um, a day at the beach. Other guests are friendly & from all over the world. We made new friends! Our villa was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen & washer/drier. Showerheads are giant conch shells & bathrooms are all pretty tile. The hotel grounds are gorgeous gardens populated by tropical birds & giant, friendly iguanas. The location is perfect -- on the quiet part of the perfectly serene beach, a quick walk to town but far enough away from the slightly noisy hostel a few doors down. BBQ beach "shack" Raices Restaurant is right next door to CasaSandra as is the Mawimbi Hotel beach bar. Those 2 places were our favorite lunch spots -- great food & enough shady spots to take a break from the sun.

Thanks, Vanessa & all our friends at CasaSandra. My daughters & I had a perfect week on your beautiful little island. Hasta luego!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paamelaa
PJsMM, Director of Sales at CasaSandra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear guests: We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your vacation at CasaSandra, thank you so much for your review, and we will make sure every one at the hotel reads your kind comments. Please visit us again we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The quality and space of the rooms are according with you may expect for the price you pay.

However, diverse services like bar, restaurant, bicycles were poor even for normal standards. In the fee says the breakfast is included but you are charged if you decide to ask for anything different to what "is included" in the free breakfast which is very limited. The bicycles they promise are very poorly maintained, almost useless.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cerrilloscity
PJsMM, Director Comercial at CasaSandra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear guest: We appreciate your review. Most unfortunately bicycles are a bit difficult to maintain in such a saline weather. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed in CasaSandra for 4 days in February 2014, overall we had a great time on the island and this hotel is surely very well located, convenient to town centre and in front of a lovely spot on the beach. We were upgraded into a Master suite which was roomy, well decorated, with lovely pastel tones. Bathroom was huge and nice organic toiletries were provided. Breakfast served in the swimming pool was fine.

Cons: Our main issue with CasaSandra is that, for the price payed, we expected better service and less amount of small nuisances. Shower pressure was very poor, mostly at night. The bar is understaffed, waiters are nice and try they best but clearly they could use a hand. During our 4 day stay we were never saw any waiter in the beach area. If you want something you have to go and ask it for yourself. Also, the variety of food served was also unimpressive. We ended up using the beach area of another hotel with rather superior service and variety of food/beverages. These were only some of a longer list of small details, which definitely did not ruin out stay, but did add some noise into an otherwise perfect experience in the island.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FilipadeCastro

Dear guest: Thank you for your review we are happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation at CasaSandra and deeply regret you felt inconvenienced by the details you mention, all comments are reviewed by the administration and taken seriously into consideration. We have to agree with you on the water pressure, in fact water pressure on an island is an issue. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Isla Holbox Island and a wonderful stay at Casa Sandra.
I cannot thank the staff enough for being so friendly, warm, attentive and just making us feel so welcome. The food at the restaurant was superb...fresh fish, pastas.
The staff are very attentive but you don;t feel like they are there...they accommodate every need without being in your space. The hotel arranged a day excursion to the ruins and took care of everything. The boutique feeling of this hotel made it a great experience.
The people on the island are warm and friendly. Recommend Casa Nostra and Zarabanda restaurants for eating also.
Thank you, Casa Sandra...we will be back.

Room Tip: If you can book a suite....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan c
PJsMM, Director of Sales at CasaSandra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Susan & Charles: Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one, we are waiting for you already!