I had high expectations as I had heard that the hotel was among the best on this newly discovered paradise island.
I can assure you that I was not let down by what I experienced during my stay. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bathroom was delicate and the interior gave gave proof of an aesthetic mastermind behind every detail. I do not know if it was the seaside view, the Egyptian linen, the fragrance from the carribean flowers or the gentle whisper from the ocean, but I slept like a baby every single of the 12 nights I spent there.
The cuisine was, as expected, among the best on the island, and a great example of carribean and continental fusion taste.
I spent many a morning at the poolside, drinking freshly made drinks from a coconut, the walk from the pool and down to the ocean for a saltier feeling was worth every 30 yards!
The hotel is on the outskirts of the small village centre, and the distance gives an extra calm and tranquility to the hotel, but the small handicraft shops, restaurants and nostalgic carnivalistic town heart is only a few minutes away by foot. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is considering a visit to this exotic and laidback destination.
The whole community is so different from all other places I have visited, whether being big towns og small backpacker villages. And during a stay here you will be sure to meet many interesting people, but even better, you will get a fantastiv opportinity to get to know the most important traveller you will ever meet- yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a long time owner, Sandra, wanted to write by the sea. She went in search of a remote world, quiet, where the blue was obvious. One day, she landed in Cancun and the attraction of the Mayan land was overwhelming. She took a small plane and flew over the island of Holbox.Nothing was more attractive to her than the Feast of the colors of nature, barefoot fishermen with their gold teeth, women weaving hammocks or sheathed with their heels in the sand. "I want to do something here, " she said and began to imagine in her head this project now called "the hotel with a human touch" on this very beach.The land of more than 150 species of birds, whale shark, or Damero world's largest fish, mangroves in each corner, all were an inspiration to this artist.Then she wanted to welcome friends from around the world and to express, through a hotel on the island of Holbox, a point of view on life: "peace and art are a great treasure for humans. " Because of this she thought of a place that is romantic, sexy, creative, where the personalized, warm, rustic atmosphere in a luxurious twenty rooms that look to the sea, where one could meet the privacy and whims of its guests. All done out of love and passion. The same place where one can dream and create, and in the best case, where one can rest.The joy of giving and expressing a new way of caring for guests, has been the commitment of the hotel. Every detail has a reason: from the small art gallery with paintings by renowned artists to the beautiful furniture that inhabit the halls.Feelings, emotions, poetry, touches of color, aromas of black coffee, hammocks, fabric on the balconies, fluffy sheets, the sea at every angle, and romantic evenings create the magic of the "place of your dreams." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your CasaSandra Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sandra Hotel Holbox Island
- Casa Sandra Holbox Island